The Workshop's ESB Helmet Paint up

sleepalot

Active Hunter
Hey guys, it's been awhile since I've posted something new and wanted to share this animefan helmet I finally finished for myself. After going through a move and working on other peoples Fetts, you tend to never work on your own projects haha. So anyway...I went with the popular layering technique, which pays off in the end with the seamless chipped damage look and it's closer to how the screen helmets were painted. Most of the colors are already on this site in the forum section, discontinued, or personal mixes. I will come back to this thread for a more in-depth description soon. Thank you for your time.

Update after some weathering.
Boba%20Fett%20Helmet_zpsvm9zyq4u.jpg

bobafetthelmetesb3_zps529y765q.jpg

side1_zps2yuzv1ay.jpg

bobafetthelmetesb_zpszoofyjrq.gif

bobafetthelmetesb4_zps68r8yixe.jpg

bobafetthelmetesb5_zpsc7vlszom.jpg

Prepped and primed with Metallic alumunium
DSC00342_zps5cff2e4f.jpg

Base coat added and now removing all masking fluid showing the silver damage. (This technique will be repeated over and over.)
DSC00371_zps9c9365d2.jpg

Masked areas off, flat black added, masking fluid removed. Same for the rest of the areas.
DSC00382_zpsf50c65c7.jpg

~ Big Time Lapse ~ The dark grey damage was done with a brush.
DSC00456_zps4a6d26a1.jpg

DSC00458_zpsa789c3dd.jpg

More application with a brush.
DSC00551_zpsf6b2b32d.jpg
20141114_152039_zps57918d87.jpg

20141114_141627_zps7df47496.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice looks Looking lid there! Outstanding paint up. Any issues with the other colors adhering to the base silver? I'd like mine fully layered but scared of an issue there.

That looks amazing! Did you airbrush the weathering (everywhere) and scorch marks around the dent, or did you do that with brushes also? Interested in the answer to syllander's question as well.

Really nice looks Looking lid there! Outstanding paint up. Any issues with the other colors adhering to the base silver? I'd like mine fully layered but scared of an issue there.
You have to watch out with clearcoats when it comes to metallics. It's really finicky but it's possible to pull off. I just do very light coats.

That looks amazing! Did you airbrush the weathering (everywhere) and scorch marks around the dent, or did you do that with brushes also? Interested in the answer to syllander's question as well.

Thanks everybody.

Yes, I did use an airbrush for the scorch marks around the dent and one way to test out how certain paints will react is to get a piece of material similar to what you're going to paint on and run tests on it.

Wow....absolutely beautiful! If you dont mind me asking, what paint list are you using?

I decided to change up my colors..since the color list is really old, I use to have the pdf but deleted it. Some colors used on the helmet seen are discontinued floquil paints. I've been using more custom mixes now so it varies.

Looks great man! I know exactly what ya mean about never getting to your own stuff lol. My new armor is still sitting in a box...hopefully i'll get to it soon after C7!

Looks great man! I know exactly what ya mean about never getting to your own stuff lol. My new armor is still sitting in a box...hopefully i'll get to it soon after C7!

Thanks Lou and lol yes, I'm looking forward to after C7 as well lol. Finally mayyybe get to work on my own stuff lol. But just watch, by the time that happens there will probably be a whole new set of boba fett armor, a new helmet or two, and a new jetpacks will be out by then....Then the fettdiction and curiosity will start up the cycle again hah.

Oh yeah and ANOVOS did hint at their own Boba Fett. So keep an eye out for that as well since they care about accuracy, and care to listen to customer feedback.(y)

Sweet lid! Thanks for posting your In Progress pictures as well. I picked up a helmet to try painting and I have no idea on how to do it. I'm still trying to figure out how to prep it for priming :D Your IP shots give me some hints at least on what to do in later stages.

Thank you guys
Sweet lid! Thanks for posting your In Progress pictures as well. I picked up a helmet to try painting and I have no idea on how to do it. I'm still trying to figure out how to prep it for priming :D Your IP shots give me some hints at least on what to do in later stages.

Feel free to send me a message if you'd like, I'd be happy to help. You can get a hold of me faster on facebook too.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back