Boots Getting back in

STEMMlin

New Hunter
Hi gang! I'm getting back in after a 12 year hiatus (life, lol) and I figure that I have to start somewhere so ill start with boots.

I have a pair of boots from waaaaaaaay back then. I did a forum search and as it turns out its a pair of first run Jango Wes boots. As I read the thread it brought back the debacle of that inaugural run! I was one of many who never received the toe plate and spikes.

As far as accuracy are these still relevant? The last thread about accurate boots was from 2006.

They're a tad weathered from storage but hey, saves me some work right?

KNfGVA0m.jpg
n6h2htkm.jpg
uGDezdGm.jpg
J7eLQz3m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They look great. Check out Spidyfett's boot weathering tutorial to get them dirtied up. You may have trouble getting toe spikes that will fit properly without modding them though. I had a similar problem with an old pair of Mark Chengs I got recently.

After running through that tutorial I looked up CA boots to compare quickly. It would appear CA boots are suede? Are these the only option around or has someone else taken up the task of a more accurate boot?

I have the same pair of boots for my ROTJ costume, and I didn't remember where I got 'em from. Thanks for the info, I got 'em back around '03. The boots are still I in great shape, although I've used them plenty of times.

Looks like I'll be holding on to these then. I've got a helmet thread going for my ancient buckets.

Which brings me to the jetpack. Its a relic, so much so that I haven't the slightest idea where I procured it from.

9ij67KHm.jpg

Biggest flaw I notice is the piano keys. The rocket is floating around somewhere. I had an old aluminum beacon for it once but no clue where that went. Any hope for this? Aside from the helmet this is one of the most expensive parts to get. I guess all these posts are putting my goals in perspective. Accuracy being the main one...trooping is up in the air.

As a side note, I have expensive hobby interests it seems. Gonna be a tough juggling act between this and a pilots license!

Sounds easy enough then!

Oh wait, forgot to mention 5 kids, a wife and an addition bigger than the house its attached to! Always a project to be done around here!

those jangowes boots are way more accurate than caboots. and if you get a set of spikes that the plate doesn't fit quite right on them, a trip to the hardware store and you should be able to find a length of aluminum of similar dimensions that when cut down can be bent to fit your boots.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back