Check out the future of The Dented Helmet.

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
I am pretty excited about this, especially since the Predatorium community (formerly The Hunter's Lair) has existed for almost as long as TDH!

For years, we have struggled with our software, and sadly, you, our members have suffered for it. The fact is, the software we use to run our sites, including this one, the RPF and the 405th has fallen far behind the times and while new software isn't a cure-all, it certainly is a step in the right direction. Predatorium was even in worse shape than TDH because it was on yet another platform that was equally frustrating, but we have just migrated it over to a fantastic new software that is simply the cats meow. Why? It is much more simple. It supports mobile and desktop WITHOUT the need for add-on software (no more lame Tapatalk!) Uploads are simple and straight forward. Communication and notifications are better... the list just goes on and on.

Anyway, take a moment to go and check out Predatorium, which is running the new software. With any luck, we will have the Dented Helmet converted to this software sometime in April-May.

Oh and just so you can get the complaining over with now, much like The Hunter's Lair got a name change to Predatorium, TDH is VERY likely to become...

I hope with the new software it will not become a tiered membership site (pay for membership).

Will the Menu bar stay on the screen as you scroll down the page, like the "Predatorium" page has? That is a lot of screen space to sacrifice. Site looks great on my ipad though, just not on my desktop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will the Menu bar stay on the screen as you scroll down the page, like the "Predatorium" page has? That is a lot of screen space to sacrifice. Site looks great on my ipad though, just not on my desktop.

That is how it is configured, but if people don't like it, we can easily stick the menu bar to the top of the page. The idea is, since the menu bar travels with you, you can quickly and easily get to wherever you want to go at a moment's notice.

That is how it is configured, but if people don't like it, we can easily stick the menu bar to the top of the page. The idea is, since the menu bar travels with you, you can quickly and easily get to wherever you want to go at a moment's notice.
Maybe if the size was decreased top to bottom on the menu bar or if the location of the menu bar was customizable. Like if you could choose to have it run vertical on the left or right side of screen? Or maybe a boba helmet could remain on the top right of screen like a watermark and when u hover over it, sarlac tentacles would slither out with menu options on each one. :)

Like the software...the name...eeeeehhhhh i dunno, dont think i like it. I kind of feel like everyone knows the dented helmet, and it may confuse people as to what exactly it is.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back