Need Guantlet help/advice

crumdum

Active Hunter
Howdie all,

I got some awesome guantlets from Boba Trooper in the mail from way over the pond. Apparently US customs was a little rough on the guantlets, so I need some help here.

First let me attach some pics here...

Right Guantlet...
20150205_151611.jpg
20150205_151625.jpg
20150205_151639.jpg
20150205_151736.jpg

Issues:

1) I had the two hose connectors break loose and sadly need to know what glue I should get to fix this correctly. I know this sounds pretty silly...but I don't do this kind of stuff. What glue do you guys suggest I use?

2) The hoses did not come with the guantlets. What hose should I buy to make this work...and where can I get it?

3) One of the metal darts is a little loose due to shipping issues, can I use the same glue to secure the dart that I use on the two broken off pieces pictured above?

4) The guantlets have an awesome hinge to them, but I want to secure the other side with magnets. I know this sounds silly but what glue do you guys recommend?

5) Two of the dart tips are not painted black, do you think testors flat black paint would work or should I use a different type of paint to finish this detail part?

Left Guantlet
20150205_151846.jpg
20150205_151858.jpg
20150205_152012.jpg

Issues:

1) Obviously the rocket and the flamethrower need to be glued on to the guantlet. What glue do you recommend for this (seeing a pattern yet?)?

Beyond the issues I listed above is there anything else anyone can see that needs fixed/tweaked? I think Boba Trooper did a bang-up job...but more sets of eyes on something is always a good thing.

Looking forward to everyone's input on this.

Thanks in advance!

Hey mate sorry to see that they didn't arrive the way they should have, if any parts are damaged or broken I will gladly replace them, as to the glue just a two part expoxy glue is usually good but not sure what you can get in the states as it's different in the uk, as for paint any enamel or acrylic will be fine to use and should be no problem, if any of the USA guys can chime in and help I'm sure they will.

So for glue it was suggested at the craft store to use E6000. Has anyone had success with this stuff before?

Still need advice about the hose issue and small magnets I could use on the non-hinged side.

Thanks in advance!

E6000 is a favourite for ABS armors, such as storm troopers. I know it's good for to use for plastic. However, I would recommend a 2 part epoxy myself, like JB Weld. E6000 can be peeled apart, which may not be what you want. For the rocket, I would screw that to the insides of the gauntlet.

For areas that aren't going to get bumped or are contained, I recommend a quick set 5 second locktite (superglue). A small dab goes a long way. It's great to hold something in place while something like e6000 or jb weld sets up/ cures around it.

So for glue it was suggested at the craft store to use E6000. Has anyone had success with this stuff before?

Still need advice about the hose issue and small magnets I could use on the non-hinged side.

Thanks in advance!
I love that stuff!

Two part epoxies are great. Just make sure you mix them really good. The best adhesive I have ever used is this stuff. It's pretty much liquid nails in a squeeze tube. Do not buy actual Liquid Nails in a squeeze tube because it's terrible. Not Liquid Nails at all. More like a caulk. But this Loctite stuff is great. Takes 24 hours to cure, but after that it's super strong and not brittle like some epoxies. Although anything these guys suggested should work too. Just make sure you get a good bond and allow it to cure.

image.jpg

i've always used maxi-cure extra thick glue and insta-set accelerator for most of my armor needs. it holds things together very well, and makes a great replacement for resin if you need to fiberglass a small area (wear gloves if you do that).

20140817-20-55-10 Cristallo.png
It's 8mm inside 14mm outside. Got them from a local store here, about 6 feet is sufficient. This one is called cristallo I think and is an air pressure hose.
20140925_125552 14mm out 8 mm in gauntlet hoses.jpg

the lower hose connector I also screwed from the inside of the right gauntlet, because of some possible pressure on the lower hose. Really small hole.
Later weathered the hoses with sand, brown/maroon and matte black enamel.

I use a quick set(5min) 2 part epoxy from Harbor Freight when gluing stuff together. They sell it in small tubes(on sale.99, reg price $1.49) or giant tubes $8. The small should be plenty for you. You put equal amounts on a piece of aluminum foil & mix together. it comes with a lil mixing tool/spreader. Once mixed let it set for about a minute then apply with the mixing tool/spreder. Dont over do it as it will smoosh when you stick the 2 parts together. Hold in place for 5min then let set over night for full cure. It dries a clear yellow. Can be painted.

Okay update here...

I got the right guantlet basically done...but I have a question on dart paintups. When looking at the darts from the front, and numbering the darts 1 through 4 from left to right. It looks like the tips of dart 1 and 3 need to be painted black. Am I correct on this? Where is Raf with the encyclopedia when you need him!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back