Please evaluate my ROTJ Helmet

Saifai

New Hunter
Hey,

i'm Christian from Germany.

i'v bought this helmet. I think it's nice but there are some Peelings/scratches missing or on the wrong Position.

I marked those on the stencil.

Besides of the missing/wrong scratches, there is just one whole in the back mq-1 plate. Do there have to be 2 or is it just important, that there is a red painted circle?

The Producer of the helmet made also some star like scratches which i dont find on the stencil. Are those still ok?

image001.jpg image002.jpg image003.jpg image004.jpg image005.jpg image006.jpg image009.jpg image008.jpg

Thanks for watching. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,

Below are the images stolen from the 501st web site

ROTJ_Boba_Helmet.jpg

In addition here are the requirements..

cellspacing="10" style="width: 100%"
|-
| valign="top" | For 501st approval:

• Must have a dark colored, full one piece "T" visor.
  • Must have a rangefinder and stalk on the right side of the helmet.
  • The mandibles and head band area must be a dark red/burgundy color.
  • The upper cheeks must be a blue-green color.
  • The ear pieces, rangefinder stalk and key slot area must be a weathered, silver metal / metallic in appearance.
  • The rangefinder topper must be black with a translucent lower piece and the appearance of 2 red "lights" on the top.
  • The helmet must have 18 "Kill Stripes" on left side of helmet solid dark orange in color.
  • The dome and lower cheeks must be a light olive green in color.
  • The right cheek has a "borden connector" (or replica) detail piece installed.
  • The dome features a prominent dent in the left front portion.
  • The helmet back must be medium green in color.
  • The helmet must be weathered and should match the visual references as closely as possible, both in colors and weathering patterns.
  • The keyhole slots in the rear of helmet must have a Casio MQ-1 circuit board (or cast replica) mounted in the openings. This detail may be cast into the helmet or mounted behind cut out openings in the slots.

|-
| For level two certification (if applicable):
  • ​T-Visor must be smoke gray.
  • The bottom two keyhole slots must each have a dark red Micromega dental file or resin replica sticking out from them

|-

Bottom line the helmet would not pass level two certification since its missing the dental files. Other comments I would make are that the ears look to be the wrong color and weathered poorly and the cheek colors (to me) look wrong. Other better experts will weigh in here. It really all depends on what you want out of the helmet and if it makes YOU happy.

ROTJ_Boba_Helmet.jpg

Ty so far...

The colour of the cheek has to be black, so its right.

First of all, i prefer very accurate paintings, too. But in this case its important for me, that its correct, that means, the peelings are on the riht position and so on.

I think, the peeling on the last kill stripe is wrong, also the star like scratches.

I would appreciate it, if you could help me with some infos and what could be made better.

I suggest beginning here...

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/boba-fett-helmet-consolidated-paint-up-threads-48236/

Ty so far...

The colour of the cheek has to be black, so its right.

First of all, i prefer very accurate paintings, too. But in this case its important for me, that its correct, that means, the peelings are on the riht position and so on.

I think, the peeling on the last kill stripe is wrong, also the star like scratches.

I would appreciate it, if you could help me with some infos and what could be made better.

The cheek color is not black. 501st says blue-green but one of the write up colors on this forum says Tamiya XF-17 (Sea Blue). Master helmet crafters here can be more specific.

Dom is correct. By all means, the 501st CRL is a guideline, but not gospel. We are likely more strict here then the Legion is.

Thanks Darth, I quoted the 501st since some of the colors looked way out of whack...even to their guidelines. But it really only matters depending on how accurate you want the helmet to be....some of us have pretty demanding standards.

Totally wasnt knocking that you did that..that wasnt my intention :) Its good you did, but i just wanted Sai Fai to be aware that the legion photos arent the end all lol :) ..and this coming from the guy who is the ESB Fett CRL photos lol

So is the black color for the cheeks correct or not?

I apologize. I think you misunderstood what I meant to say. The color of the cheeks is not supposed to be black...it must be blue-green or as the write up I linked says Tamiya XF-17 (Sea Blue). I am far from an expert with colors but it appears (to me) the cheeks do not match those colors in the normal picks but might come close on the panoramic you took. Its hard to tell from the lighting. Darth, Dom, Raf, and others would be a better judge here.

Here's the original photos of that ROTJ helmet, not as compressed.

I wish the 501st asked me before using my photos haha. Thanks for bringing that to my attention though ;)

Hope it helps some.

DSC00139_zpsujnupryd.jpg

DSC00078_zpsnfl5smdg.jpg

DSC00142_zpsobdqcixz.jpg

DSC00141_zpsaw9tgdzg.jpg

Here's the original photos of that ROTJ helmet, not compressed.

I wish the 501st asked me before using my photos for their own or at least give credit to the taker..Thanks for bringing that to my attention though ;) anyway... Heres some larger photos. Hope it helps some.

Sorry I just grabbed the photos from the 501st site. I assumed it was okay. I hope I didn't anger you. Your helmet does look nice, I am jealous!

Sorry I just grabbed the photos from the 501st site. I assumed it was okay. I hope I didn't anger you. Your helmet does look nice, I am jealous!

oh no not anyone here at all. I'm just surprised the 501st used these off my page awhile back. Came back here and was thinking "hey that looks familiar."

Lol but yeah, It's all good man.

The cheeks are more blueish than green on the helmet shown. If that helps anything.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back