Little Boba armor

BigaboyFett

Active Hunter
I made this in 5 hours for a 7-year-old nephew who has become obsessed with Star Wars...who's parents give me that look every once in a while. I bet because they have to buy all the stuff!

Since a Jango helmet by rubies is so small, it seems scaled right for a kid. So I slapped this together with off the shelf sweats, a turtleneck, Sintra, a scrap of beige cloth, 2 cans of spray paint and some midnight fun! Please view...

nathansarmor2.jpg
</A>

NathanFettSetUpChest.jpg
</A>

Cape.jpg
</A>

lilFett.jpg
</A>

Thanks guys. It was wild, I decided I was going to make the costume as fast as I could, but also without it looking crappy. I know there could be some weathering, and I also know the shoulder bells are green, but I did not have yellow paint. Plus it was 1:00 a.m. yesterday when I finished it. It was cheap too. The stuff is mainly from WalMart, $3-$5 each for shirt, sweat top and bottom. Spare fabric and spare Sintra.

Luckily I had a spare Rubies Jango lying around...perfect size for someone just under 4 feet tall. HA!

I hope he likes it.

that is cool, hey if you don't want to fully weather it, just tell your nephew, that it's when Boba just got the armor.

- I'm going to have to make some lightsabers for my cousins, out of Aluminum, I just hope they don't toss them on the floor two weeks after they get them...

I may have to hit it with a little silver and yellow and a nice wash of wiper fluid and Testors Black next time I see him. I need to figure out some 'lil gauntlets!

Hey John, just do a search on ebay for the kid's Fett costume that you could buy at Toys R Us a while back. My son has the set. The gauntlets could work.

Geo

Yes, to Geo you listen. I bought a set for my son at AdCon last year. The gauntlets and the gun are the best pieces. The gun is awesome (for an ROTJ blaster :) ), and it even shoots little NERF darts.

I have also put some armor together for my son's suit. I haven't finished painting the backplate or collar yet, and I still have to make the rest, but here's what Will's looks like so far. Thanks to Vash for making the reduced sized logo's for it.

122927.jpg

[edit]
Found one more that showed to whole front.

will_armor01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Meesa tinks yousa baby boba better. Oh well, as I said...5 hours for everything! Nice work...jeez!

Forced Trekker wrote:

Yes, to Geo you listen. I bought a set for my son at AdCon last year. The gauntlets and the gun are the best pieces. The gun is awesome (for an ROTJ blaster :) ), and it even shoots little NERF darts.

I have also put some armor together for my son's suit. I haven't finished painting the backplate or collar yet, and I still have to make the rest, but here's what Will's looks like so far. Thanks to Vash for making the reduced sized logo's for it.

122927.jpg

Hey, I'm not knocking your efforts in the least! I think what you have is great for 5 hours. I spent over a week making Will's chest pieces...I'm so afraid he isn't going to want to wear it when I get done :(

I guess I could make a 1:2 scale Fett statue :facepalm

I know. I am just bein' a whiner. Yours is a rockin' and the little fellow should LOVE IT.

Keep on Trekkin'

Later Friend,

John

Forced Trekker wrote:

Hey, I'm not knocking your efforts in the least! I think what you have is great for 5 hours. I spent over a week making Will's chest pieces...I'm so afraid he isn't going to want to wear it when I get done :(

I guess I could make a 1:2 scale Fett statue :facepalm

Hey Forced Trekker, what size does the armor fit? My son is 8yrs old and wants a custom Mando! :) can you email me the templates? (Or John, you cna too) I want to make it for him for C3. Both sets of armor look awesome for the time spent!

Geo

Geo said:
Hey Forced Trekker, what size does the armor fit? My son is 8yrs old and wants a custom Mando! :) can you email me the templates? (Or John, you cna too) I want to make it for him for C3. Both sets of armor look awesome for the time spent!

Geo

My template was from inside my head. I want to see pics of him in the suit. I will post as soon as I get some.

Geo said:

Sure...Sorry for the delay I haven't been on the board alot...I was kinda waiting until the new one was up.

Is your email in your profile? If not PM me with it, and I'll send you what I have.

OK, that us weird, I could not see him in the preview. Oh well, there is the little guy! HA! Pretty funny. I printed these for him to have as trading cards.

Later Friends,
John

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back