Holiday Special Boba Fett colors

RexFett

Hunter
So I'm going to begin soon building my Animated Holiday Special Fett, (well as soon as I receive all the armor parts). I'm using as reference the animation in the infamous holiday special and the Gentle Giant Ltd. Holiday Special Animated Marquette.

In the animation it looks like the bucket, collar armor, shoulder armor and the gauntlets are a Rustoleum primer gray. While the upper cheeks of the bucket, the ammo belt, codpiece and kidney plate are a darker shade. And the breast plates, abdominal plates and knee pads are a pastel yellow.

But looking @ the gentle giant version; the upper cheeks of the bucket, the ammo belt, codpiece and kidney plate looks like a slate blue.

My question are;
1. Which version should I go for?
2. What would be the accurate or closest yellow & gray color?

Stay true to the holiday special.
Boba-Fett-Holiday-Special-Misc-03.jpg
Boba-Fett-Holiday-Special-Misc-12.jpg
For the yellow, i'd look into floquil UP armor yellow. It has that grayish yellow look. Any grey areas would work with primer grey. I think youll need 2 shades of slate blue. One more baby blue and a darker for the upper cheeks.

I am also working on a Holiday Fett. I'm going for a movie style version for Mercs and 501st approval. I'm gonna be painting with spray cans and haven't decided on all my colors yet if anyone has any input. I know the krylon color for most of the helmet but everything else I'm still up in the air.

Hey DarthWad3r, I love Krylon and I'm using Colormaster. I'm trying to keep my costume as close to the animation as possible. Although each shot has a different shade of gray or colors, I'm sticking with the following;
for the bucket, shoulder bells, collar armor and gaunts I'm using: Gray/Ultra Flat
for the ammo belt and codpiece I'm using: Periwinkle/Satin
for the chest piece and knee pads I'm using Bright Idea/gloss but I'm still looking for something more pastel. I'll let you know if I find anything.

I had the same questions about the color and found a pretty good, i think, color guide at the Boba Fett Fan Club page. it didnt have real names for the colors but it helps as a visual guide picking the colors.

bobafettfanclub.com/manual/costume/guide/colors/

I had the same questions about the color and found a pretty good, i think, color guide at the Boba Fett Fan Club page. it didnt have real names for the colors but it helps as a visual guide picking the colors.

bobafettfanclub.com/manual/costume/guide/colors/

Glad our color guide helped, camble1022! Still a work in progress.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back