Adding a fan inside

Yep, depends on the bucket and how much head room you got there. You can add them to the sides, blowing across the face, or up in the forehead or chin area blowing towards the face.

Normal little computer fans that you get from like radio shack ,pose no threat, there have no power.You can stick you finger or ear or what ever you want... in them and they will just stop. If you get nuts and buy like a Thremaltake cpu fan or a brand like that that PC modders use then you might have a little trouble. I once got my finger cought in a ThermalTake DragonOrb3, I really thought my finger got cut off and I was afraid to look at it. But when i did my finger was still there , my finger nail had just been cut completely in half, longways, haha it didnt feel too good. But they sell grills that can be attached to the front if you are concerned. Just do a google search, there are hundreds of sites that sell them.

Er yes I have heard of such a thing called heat stroke :rolleyes

I think the idea of a gaurd is a marvelous and very clever idea :). I shall make a few test ones up after christmas :)

well, i have a mystery style helmet, and i have a lot of room in the front of my helmet...so, i took a fan from Radio Shack, and hot glued the fan to my visor. the fan takes in air from the bottom of the helmet, and pushes it up toward my face. it keeps me cool, and my visor from fogging up.
Michael

I put in a small battery operated fan into my friends bucket, and will install the same one into mine as soon as its finished. The fan i put in is the fan you can get for JT paintball masks. I have a set of 2 in my JT paint helmet and they work great in tournaments so i figured id give it a try and i think it worked out great, but i might put 2 in my bucket.

Beowulf wrote:

I put in a small battery operated fan into my friends bucket, and will install the same one into mine as soon as its finished. The fan i put in is the fan you can get for JT paintball masks. I have a set of 2 in my JT paint helmet and they work great in tournaments so i figured id give it a try and i think it worked out great, but i might put 2 in my bucket.

How much does the JT mask fan go for? And since it's for paintball, I'm assuming it's "MADE FORD TOUGH!" Am I right on this? Thanks.

askywalker98,

I think we paid 8 or 10 dollars for one of them. Im not sure if JT actually makes the fans, it just happened the the guy i deal with my paint gear had a few of these fans when i bought my JT helmet he said it would keep them from fogging up so i figured what the hell.. As for tough, i have not had any burn out or break (knock on wood) yet, and im not very gentle with my helmet. I would suggest searching out your local paintball store (if you have one) and ask the person there they most likely can point you in the right direction. Hope this helps

Wulf

Beowulf wrote:

askywalker98,

I think we paid 8 or 10 dollars for one of them. Im not sure if JT actually makes the fans, it just happened the the guy i deal with my paint gear had a few of these fans when i bought my JT helmet he said it would keep them from fogging up so i figured what the hell.. As for tough, i have not had any burn out or break (knock on wood) yet, and im not very gentle with my helmet. I would suggest searching out your local paintball store (if you have one) and ask the person there they most likely can point you in the right direction. Hope this helps

Wulf

Thanks for the info, and knowing how paintball goes, they bust be atleast somewhat tough to take the running, jumping, getting shot, and diving of paintball!

The JT Paintball fans are great, they keep my mask clear and help keep my face cool (As cool as it can be for all the runnin'), and they can take a beating. Some are pretty loud though, FYI...

PBReview

PBReview has descriptions and links to online vendors and such. Hope this helps!

cal196 wrote:

It could be dangerous if you dont, ever hear of a heat stroke? :(

I've had 3 heat strokes, one at a fair, and two at a flee market, it was my falt I under estimated the weather, and wore non breathable cloths, thank God it didn't go all the way, both times, basically you feel like your going to puke, and then the dizzy ness comes, then you start to black out lossing all strength, and then you go delirious, that is the farthest I've ever gotton with one...

It's terrible!

well, i went with the Radio Shack fans, and they don't produce much noise at all. i have 2 now in my helmet, 1 at my visor, and 1 in the back near the key holes. they produce very little to almost non-hearing noise. its not bad at all.
Michael

I went to a paintball shop yesterday and the guys said that the JT fans do a good job keeping the face shield clear. But they do not cool you off at all. and they can't take a paint ball hit.

So I went to Radio shack and looked at the smallest fans that they had. They are 12v fans and the guy at radio shack said if I use 9V battery's to run it that they will burn out the fan with 9V batteries.

So how do yu guys make your fans work with the 9V?

Thanks

well, i took the RS fan, and got a 9v connector, and just twisted the wires together...red with red, and black with black. i taped them off endivudally (if thats how ya spell it), and connected a 9v battery to it. it just turned on when the battery touches the connectors. i just simpilly connect the battey, and place it into a holder i made from cardboard, put my helmet on, and troop arround. it works great.
michael

I remember there was a diagram (or how every you spell it) on this. There was 2 fans and like 3 9volts. Ill look and see if i can find some thing in my bookmarks I thought i had something.

Ok I didnt, but I know I saw that pic someplace on here,, ask tk409 he might know. Ill keep looking.

Try this
http://forums.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=4735&highlight=helmet+fan

I think this is whatyour looking for
http://forums.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=4640&highlight=helmet+fan

try that ill keep looking

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back