MLC jet pack and BKBT harness??

Great looking harnesses! Are you selling? And how much? :)

Geo

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pics of Mardon's fantastic JP & the system he incorporated for harness straps.

stubby JP 002 TDH.jpg

stubby JP 003 TDH.jpg

stubby JP 005 TDH.jpg

stubby JP 008 TDH.jpg

stubby JP 007 TDH.jpg

stubby JP 009 TDH.jpg

Vince,
This is absolutely kind of you to take the time in taking those pics as well as posting 'em - kudos buddy! :cheers
I'm sure this would help other folks in answering some of their questions in setting up their JPs :)

For mine, I did cut out the slits above the panel door so it wont interfere with the opening/closing of the rear panel (for whatever purpose it may serve) plus it also sits my classic JP a bit lower to conform better with my backplate.

I guess with having a Jango arena JP, it needs to sit a bit higher on your back as the arena is a bit shorter than a classic?

Nonetheless, since your harness straps are adjustable - one can easily tailor the ride height of their JPs conforming to their preference :)

Mardon (MLC)
mlcallanta@yahoo.com

I have the slits above the door on my classic JP & I found I have to crank the straps to their maximum for the JP to sit at the right height for Jango. I found that by lowering them & putting them in the door, I have more travel in the adjustment on my harness & fits better on my back. The trick is to have the buckle fastener just come out of the back plate so you can access it. On my classic, I have to put on the pack, then sinch up the harness straps & the buckle disappears into my back plate. A real pain in a$$ to put on!

I would die for any of those harness systems, especially for the one with the hard back. Love it!

Thanks BKBT those were the pics I needed. I have to move my straps to come out of the door on mine. I had them coming out of slots above the door but it made the jet pack hang too low. Awesome. Did I see that you used some sort of bolts on the door to hold it on?

I used a couple of Chicago screws to secure the strap to itself. I like to make things so I can take them apart later if I have to.

No I was talking about the screws on the door it's self. But I used similar screws on my straps, it makes it possible to move them if I have to (in retrospect I am glad I did as I have to move them).

Ahh yes. I used 4 #6 - 1/2 " Robertson screws to secure the trap door. Velcro would have just pushed the door out & I never need to get inside for anything.:)

BKBT I want that first one you have of the pic. But would it fit under a flack vest?

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back