Recommended Vendors?

Spooky

New Hunter
Hello! I joined the site in hopes of commissioning a set of ESB or ROTJ Fett armor and the only vendor I have found via Google searches is Outworld and I have been told they are not very good. Are there any vendors I can go to elsewhere?

If you do a search you'll find more than enough information on vendors. At least you came here first, too many people will buy armor or a helmet kit from ebay!

You'll have a hard time commissioning a whole costume right off the bat unless you head over to BobaMaker or RS Props I believe. It'll also be costly.

Few great vendors I'll list quickly.

Armor:
redkraytdragon
fett pride

Helmet:
Fett Pride
Animefan

I also have gotten a lot of stuff including my jetpack, jumpsuit, and cape from user MOW.

Do your research and be patience!

Not sure if you mean just armor, or an entire build. Also depends on your time frame and degree of accuracy you're looking for.....Gotta do some reading to know what the entire costume will run you. If you do the painting you're still looking at over $3000 for quality parts, and that figure is on the low end.Having said that I'd recommend Fettpride for the helmet/armor/gauntlets.

FISD keeps a list of vetted armor makers for new members to refer to; maybe TDH should consider the same? Just a thought...

And it's a good one.

In my opinion the reason there isn't one with the most likely being that this would potentially place TDH itself as sanctioning particular unlicensed products and therefore may incur the wrath of the company that owns the copyright which at the moment is Disney, a company worth more than some countries. That could then stray into Ainsworth territory and whilst he effectively came out ahead in the UK my recollection is that a similar case heard in the US was one that he lost although he had no actionable assets there rendering it pointless. I'd not like for TDH to become the target of the legal team of a vast corporation.

If we did have such a thread it'd have to be so carefully worded that it wouldn't make great reading and probably wouldn't be able to be very clear; we'd effectively need to have a massive and impartial review of just about everything out there in one thread (which would be nice if someone wanted to take it on) but that would ruin the fun of finding out and what's good for one person may not be good for everyone else.

Spooky, welcome to TDH. There are vendors for just about everything and a fairly wide variety of price/accuracy/wait time are catered for by them. The search function is your best friend and a measure twice cut once attitude may save a lot of money; that and generally avoiding ebay most of the time although there are exceptions. As no one else has mentioned him yet I'll mention Bobamaker especially if Europe based. Some great stuff but as with many vendors you can expect long wait times. Long wait times are a real factor. Full time makers like Bobamaker and Fettpride have long wait times because of demand and backed up lists and other vendors may have long wait times because the products are part of a hobby and have to fit in around real life. There's a great thread out there called 'read this for how much you will spend' or something like that which is a nice start point. I think doing lots of research is the key. Good luck

andy

I have had great success/ease of purchase with Darth Voorhees (Helmet/paint), Dynamic1(Armor paint), Fett 4 Real (Helmet), Ponte (paint), Loanstar (flight suit), Woody (brides/cape/spats/pouches/girth), Fettpride (Chris- Helmet/Armor), NME (JP). MoW (Boots), Saint Nasty (Gloves) and but there are so many other very talented people out there, as these were the few i contacted,,so ya gotta start somewhere right...Ive learned that If you have a question fire it out into the cyber TDH world and you ll surely get a very helpful/well guided answer... spend the bucks, don't skimp on quality (even if it takes longer to build) and you'll end up with a ASSET that you will enjoy forever and a day (except the GF/Wifey won't see it that way LOL)

Ohh Shoot Sleepalot (paint) sorry brutha

Last edited by a moderator:
I can tell you I got my armor from Redkraytdragon , 2 helmets(soon to be 3) from Animefan, Jetpack from Man of War Studios. All those guys are awesome with great product! I would recommend them without any hesitation.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back