WoF Template guidance

strummer77

New Hunter
Alright, maybe I'm a bit dense and not looking at this the right way or something... I've printed out the awesome Wizard of Flight templates for the jetpack so I can build it myself. It has been quite some time since I have built something from scratch. Looking at the templates... how do I know which pieces are to be cut and assembled, and which are just for reference? I just started working on the WoF gauntlet templates and am running into the same issue. I know... silly noob...

I thank you all in advance for any assistance you can provide

be careful with the jetpack templates... they are 15in scale, which comes out to be significantly smaller than the real pack. on the PDF file page 1-6 and then 39-57 are overall shots.. the rest of the pages (7-38) are the actual templates. I am not sure how you would scale them up any larger, but the jetpack will come out smaller than screen size. i know from experience since my pack is about 15% smaller than actual size pack. hope this helps! good luck with the build, it can be alot of fun!

I don't want to trash WOF or his templates, my back pack is based of his. I think his JP templates are the only ones out there. But I recommend looking at Rafal Fett's templates for everything else. I think they are more accurate. What are you you using for your build?

Thanks SPY007... I didn't know of any Rafal Fett gauntlet templates. Where do I find those? I only see the WOF gauntlet templates.

I'm using 1mm PVC foam board for the bigger pieces, and even thinner stuff for the smaller pieces (easier to manipulate).

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back