Helmetsize ??

BjornK

New Hunter
Hi everyone!

Here comes my first post and i do apologize in advance if my gramma isnt correct - im swedish :)

Ive been doing some measuerments on myself versus the templates here ( by wisardoflight ) and it doesnt match at all.. Ive put the templates together and noticed that im to fat-headed for them - so the next step was to start to figuring out how much i should make it bigger.. So i started measuring on photos and came to the conlusion that the helmet should be as wide as 60 percent of my the with of my shoulders..

So now i wonder if anyone here has had the same sizing-issues?

/Björn

After reading my post here i realize i should try to explain myself a little better... I really love the templates from Wisardoflight - there absolutely nothing wrong with them - the problem is that when i made a quick assembly the size of the bucket were to small. So initially i thought - well i just print them a bit larger, about 112 percent or so? But i started to thinking again after reading some posting about having the right propotions on the whole helmet size.

So i measured on some boba photos and calculated that the widht of the base should be about 60 percent of the lenght between my shoulders ( points of measure is in the joints of my shoulder - not my muscles - or that who should be muscles)

So what im really wondering is as follows: Am i thinking somewhat right about the proportions? :)

im 185 cm tall... that would be about 6,08
and im pretty - but just pretty - sure i used the correct setting on the printer... A4 and settings to fill the paper in the writer :)

It really should fit your head just fine. Its one size fits all.

EDIT: and you have the right body size for the helmet to fit you.

Grenater... thanks for the tip about the printing size. It turned out that i didnt set the size right so i tried again and it was a bit better, but still to small. My nose get pressed against the visorpart - i guess i have a somewhat strange headform haha :) Anyway - im gonna size it up and try again.. more updates will come soon..

My nose presses against the visor too. Its a pretty common occurrence among Star Wars helmets, according to the people I troop with.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back