hellogreedo (hating on prequels in comment section of episode 7 trailer)

mandalorian01

Active Hunter
hello all . I was browsing on hellogreedo's youtub channel and found an interesting rant in the comment section of the new episode 7 trailer which thought some members here might like to see.
(it will probably spark some controversy but i believe it has a lot of truth to it. ) tell me what you guys think.

Comments:

Title? Who gives a ****? Trailer? Who gives a ****? The Empire Strikes Back was one of the best films of all time. The prequels sucked. I will pass judgement on the new film when I see it. I don't want to know anything about it until I get to the theater. Why do people analyze every tiny detail? Damn!

-
hey I Love all Star Wars Movies even if some characters are annoying. Look Hayden was a great Anakin and its not his fault that no one can read that clunky Dialogue. if Lucas would just let someone else write the scripts then they would have been better. I know the Prequels could have been better but I still love them because they brought me and a whole new generation to Star Wars. Hello Greedo says that prequel characters like Jango Fett and General Grievous are flat characters but his channel is named after the flattest Star Wars character. look Boba Fett he only says four lines. Boba is a flat character and more flat than Jango. he is only in like 5 scenes in the Original Trilogy. plus in they explain more about who Jango is in the Prequels than Boba in the Originals. look when episode 5 came out nobody really knew that much on Boba. only that he was a bounty hunter. that's it. Jango was given a little bit more background on his character. they explained who he was and what does he do. he's just a simple man trying to make his way into the Universe like he said to Obi-Wan. if the Prequels were never made then Star Wars would have probably been forgotten today. if they were never made then they would be like Back to the Future which is forgotten because of new Generations and new movies and new things. you go around the country asking people of this generation they won't even know what Back to the Future is. now do you Originals fans want that to happen to Star Wars. probably not.

That's your opinion bud don't to try to pass your shisstained biased opinions on anyone else.

Know I'm just saying that I hate when people bash the prequels For some reason there’s one big thing that Prequel Haters either don’t want to hear or don’t want to accept, and that is the fact that an entire generation of Star Wars fans have now grown up with the Prequel Trilogy being their Star Wars. Just as most of us grew up with the Original Trilogy and then migrated to the EU when there was no new “Star Wars” to consume, there are kids today who grew up with the adventures of Anakin and Obi-Wan as their Star Wars and then had a weekly Star Wars TV series with those characters to further their love of The Wars.
Something snarky film blogs don’t realize when they’re making up bogus Prequel retcon/remake rumors is that by even suggesting that, you’re asking Disney to take away this version of Star Wars that these people love. I don’t see anyone fantasizing about Lucasfilm wiping the the Original Trilogy out of existence, so why do people want to take away this generation’s Star Wars? These are people who became Star Wars fans because of the Prequel Trilogy.
Just because you may not like something about the movies, you want to wipe them from existence and deprive a huge portion of the Star Wars fan base of something they enjoy. If you get to wipe out the Prequels, then the newer fans get to wipe out the Original Trilogy. It’d be the only fair solution to what you’d be doing to them.
It’s an extremely selfish point of view to have. In fact, I’d go so far as to say the people with this point of view aren’t even “real” Star Wars fans. A real Star Wars fan would celebrate an entire generation learning to love the saga, regardless of what their “gateway drug” to Star Wars was. It doesn’t matter if it’s Episode I, II, III, The Clone Wars, or even the Holiday Special. Star Wars fans should welcome the new generation of fans, and be happy that the Prequels expanded the appreciation of the saga.

My fault my reply was to yu stu. His ignorance it blinds him. Shadow of greed that is . Empire was not that great sorry to bust your bubble. Sit down watch all six and recap which one you enjoyed the most. For sure not empire. Jedi is by far the best of all six if not the best in the OT.
And episode 3 is easily tide with it. The other 4 are about the same. Again this is by actually sitting down and watch all 6 back to back. Let's see how 7 turns out. So far does not look very promising.

(end of that particular conversation)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back