Attaching Gaunt Hoses

Hunter930

Hunter
Gday all,
I've been searching for the best and most ergonomically flexible means of attaching the gaunt hoses up the right sleeve, that will allow movement i.e. straightening of the right arm. Due to the hoses curvature (I've straightened them over a number of days (which helps) but i believe there will always be some curve, which is good tho). Im certain elastic needs to be involved at the sleeve and hose end i.e. in order to allow the hoses to move up/down the arm whilst flexion/extension of the elbow is required. Or is this just one of those things ones gotta just deal with..
Any suggestions wud be greatly appreciated .
Cheers
Hunter

To get the right length, with the flightsuit on and gauntlets, hose attached to the gauntlets too. I just hold my arms straight out from my side and then put them out front to make sure I have full movement. . I then cut the hose to the appropriate length when my arms are raised or out front so they don't bulge out the sleeve. The hose is attached with a adjustable large safety pin (been holding well for 4 troops, no issues.) to the back of my tricep to give full movement and good articulation. My arms aren't long enough anyway to expose that much hose but it was unnoticeable they were there when finished.

I don't know if this made any sense. Fingers crossed

Last edited by a moderator:
I put a keyring through the end of the gauntlet hose, and attach it up my sleeve. Inside the shoulder of my flight suit, I have sewn a loop of elastic that pokes through a large grommet into the long sleeve, just under the outside shoulder seam. Attached to this loop is a cheap spring-closing carabiner. I just hook the keyring on the gauntlet hose to the carabiner. Easy peasy.

Copy that. my new challenge is trying to reduce the curvature in the hoses after i extend my arm. The hoses collectively push out just above where the stitching is of the top sleeve.Ive tried leaving the hoses anchored over few days to take the curve out of them etc. I suspect the braided hose is not flexible enough but i want to stick with screen accuracy ..but i fear i may have to concede and go for a more flexible hose without the braiding.

- - - Updated - - -

PS When i say stick out the hoses are still under the top sleeve, so length isn't a issue

Well i used the elastic approached worked great, also made some little cuts every 2 inches on the inside of each of the hoses so they would straighten easier during extension (i.e. straightening) of the arm and slide up under the outer sleeve being pulled by the force of the elastic toward the back of the armpit where the elastic is fixed.. def something to try and keeps the sleeve looking fitted rather than an over sized tricep . hope this helps someone its worth a try.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back