How do you display your collection?

Rchrz60

New Hunter
Hey folks,
So here is a portion of my collection on my desk at work. If you look close enough you can even see a computer and a phone. Lol

A lot of my coworkers have asked me how I do it, that they can't imagine working with all that stuff all over. I personally find it more relaxing, and it helps it feel less like work.

I wanna see how others do it up!! Hope you like. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416602424.156777.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416602434.610686.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416602441.843057.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416602450.008903.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of it is in a box cause we have no room for it here in this temporary house...at work I have a few things but can't take pics there....

Man oh man! I'd never get any work done. :lol:

It's actually very Zen believe it or not. I can't see how people work in bare empty cubicles. It's so institutional it would drive me insane an make the day drrraaaaggg on. I sell medicare insurance to retirees of big companies so it's already a pretty boring job, add in I'm talking 85 to 90 year olds that don't always get it right away so I'm repeating myself a lot, repeating myself a lot. So it helps to have something to play with, or look at through out the day.

Most of it is in a box cause we have no room for it here in this temporary house...at work I have a few things but can't take pics there....

Fett- I hear ya. When my wife and I got married we lived with the inlaws for about a year and a half. The only space we had was our bedroom, and my stuff was in one of those storage places. I couldn't stand not being able to have some of my stuff displayed, almost as if I was in a box myself. My collection of toys, figures, and collectibles is something I started when I was like 14 or 15 and is a part of my personality. Luckily I met a beautiful lady that loved me even more because of that.

Yeah, I know about not being able to display stuff. It can be frustrating sometimes! I was in the Air Force for 24 years
and until 2009 my wife and I had always lived in apartments. Since we bought our house, I've had the space to put out
the majority of my props and collectibles. These pics show the set up in my den. It's not everything that I have because
it won't all fit in the space, so the remainder is in my "hobby lair" upstairs. :)

First shot shows the main focus of my collecting: my Fett helmets. For now, the lower left space is filled with Gentle Giant busts of bounty hunters.
From bottom to top, the helmets are: McQuarrie concept v.1, McQuarrie concept v.2, Supertrooper, Pre-Pro 1, Pre-Pro 3, Pre-Pro 2, and ESB.
The original GMH sits in its own case on top.

IMG_1881_zps4402a65b.jpg

Closer view of the built-in shelves. Resin blasters on top, with some fan-made lightsabers below them. Second lowest shelf
has a bunch of the FFG "X-Wing" game miniatures, an MR blaster, and some 6" Black Series figures. Lowest shelf is just some
miscellaneous models and DVD sets.

IMG_1882_zpsd33d9b97.jpg

The two towers around the TV. MR blasters on top of each tower, with some smaller MR mini-blasters and lightsabers scattered around.
My MR thermal detonator and training remote slide into the cubbies nicely. Got some more Gentle Giant busts and black and white
maquettes in the enclosed spaces at the base.

IMG_1885_zpsf3631219.jpg

The opposite corner of the den. Top shelf: Boba! :) My customized Sideshow PF figure in the center, with "jumbo" Fett figures on each side.
There are a couple more fan-made blasters on the next shelf. The third shelf is my Alien shelf! Full size Nostromo helmet (by Steve and Richie of
Richie's Armor) along with a fan-made sidearm and the Hot Toys "Dallas" figure. Below them is an MR Rebel blaster and an original copy of
SW Chronicles. The bottom shelf holds my resin Hoth binoculars and a fan-made Bespin Guard blaster.

a8216774-8f89-47f4-b292-b7f1e097289c_zps83798cca.jpg

So this is what surrounds me when I'm surfing TDH and my other hobby sites! :lol:

Very impressive collection SJ. I love what you've done to the place lol....
My wife cringes at the idea, but if I stay on the current path, I'll be doing something similar.

And quick pic...I have a large tote of boba figures that are stowed away and almost every print from CV when boba was the main feature...and a few others not out in a closet...2 of the Santa Cruz boards they came out with this year....hopefully in a year after I get a house in FL I'll be able to put it all out in a game room or whatever we call it.
No helmets to display till after I get back either. Should be building some new blasters to display as well I have wood working friends who can build me a stand for them there Muhahaha

uploadfromtaptalk1416667633716.jpg

Nice! Lots of great Boba figs and statues. :)
What is that lizard/dragon looking thing in the upper right? It looks sort of familiar but I can't quite place it.

That's a dragon from Harry Potter the wife loves HP...

Have the Rotj se mini bust on the way which will fit up there. Although I pcs back to osan in January.....but get to go back to fl afterwards.

And quick pic...I have a large tote of boba figures that are stowed away and almost every print from CV when boba was the main feature...and a few others not out in a closet...2 of the Santa Cruz boards they came out with this year....hopefully in a year after I get a house in FL I'll be able to put it all out in a game room or whatever we call it.
No helmets to display till after I get back either. Should be building some new blasters to display as well I have wood working friends who can build me a stand for them there Muhahaha

Dude I love that you have the MMPR Morpher! I have the silver version with the original 5 power coins, then a buddy of mine made me a Dragon Zord coin. I also have the Legacy Megazord, and the S.H. Figuarts Red Ranger and Green Ranger.

I don't have a lot of my collection of others displayed, I have a lot of the Marvel Legends 6in figures that I would pick up as the respective movies came out. I have the light up Dalorean, and I had just about every New 52 figure up until about 5 or 6 figures ago. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416708478.508938.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416708507.758778.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416708521.710469.jpg

After I picked up the Lego Star Wars Rebels Phantom and Ghost, I build a custom Mos Eisley playset for the figures to go. I have my lego collection in the basement.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416708618.199492.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416708639.600920.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416708665.838732.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416708703.008783.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416708735.940490.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416708752.164595.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416708775.716538.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416708803.701558.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416708817.368674.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416708838.988653.jpg

I have Lego TMNT, Marvel, LOTR, The Hobbit, Star Wars, Creator Sets, and my wife has the Fire Department ones because her Father and Grandfather were both firefighters

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416709031.546761.jpg

Yes that's the Lego Death Star, Mandalorian Starfighter, Clone Jek's Star Fighter, and I have Jabbas Sail Barge in there as well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416709148.514702.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416709177.819608.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416709261.825736.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416709286.278032.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416709309.264351.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416709385.370102.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416709398.822950.jpg

Those are some 3.75in Star Wars Figure Playsets I build for my kids out of Foam Core board, printable sticker paper, and hot glue.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416709503.959087.jpg

Lifesize Anakin Cardboard stand up that I have no clue where to put.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416709593.362154.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416709617.884530.jpg

That's my Sideshow Collectibles Superman Collection with the custom lightup Fortress of Solitude base my buddy made me.

Finally I have two Rubbermaid bins the size you could store your Christmas Tree in, holding all my Star Wars Ships and the Geonosis Playset. The Ships range from Slave 1, Obi Wan and Anakin's Starfighters, Vulture Droids, The AT-TE, Republic Turbo Tank, and the droid MTT.

I'd love more space to display it all, but with 4 kids I just don't have space. Maybe once one of them goes off to college I'll turn their room into a showcase.

Yeah, I know about not being able to display stuff. It can be frustrating sometimes! I was in the Air Force for 24 years
and until 2009 my wife and I had always lived in apartments. Since we bought our house, I've had the space to put out
the majority of my props and collectibles. These pics show the set up in my den. It's not everything that I have because
it won't all fit in the space, so the remainder is in my "hobby lair" upstairs. :)

First shot shows the main focus of my collecting: my Fett helmets. For now, the lower left space is filled with Gentle Giant busts of bounty hunters.
From bottom to top, the helmets are: McQuarrie concept v.1, McQuarrie concept v.2, Supertrooper, Pre-Pro 1, Pre-Pro 3, Pre-Pro 2, and ESB.
The original GMH sits in its own case on top.

IMG_1881_zps4402a65b.jpg

Closer view of the built-in shelves. Resin blasters on top, with some fan-made lightsabers below them. Second lowest shelf
has a bunch of the FFG "X-Wing" game miniatures, an MR blaster, and some 6" Black Series figures. Lowest shelf is just some
miscellaneous models and DVD sets.

IMG_1882_zpsd33d9b97.jpg

The two towers around the TV. MR blasters on top of each tower, with some smaller MR mini-blasters and lightsabers scattered around.
My MR thermal detonator and training remote slide into the cubbies nicely. Got some more Gentle Giant busts and black and white
maquettes in the enclosed spaces at the base.

IMG_1885_zpsf3631219.jpg

The opposite corner of the den. Top shelf: Boba! :) My customized Sideshow PF figure in the center, with "jumbo" Fett figures on each side.
There are a couple more fan-made blasters on the next shelf. The third shelf is my Alien shelf! Full size Nostromo helmet (by Steve and Richie of
Richie's Armor) along with a fan-made sidearm and the Hot Toys "Dallas" figure. Below them is an MR Rebel blaster and an original copy of
SW Chronicles. The bottom shelf holds my resin Hoth binoculars and a fan-made Bespin Guard blaster.

a8216774-8f89-47f4-b292-b7f1e097289c_zps83798cca.jpg

So this is what surrounds me when I'm surfing TDH and my other hobby sites! :lol:

So the helmet in the very bottom right (looking at the picture) and for give me, is that the McQuarrie Concept? It looks like the helmet that Obi Wan wore in the Season 5 Clone Wars Episodes "The Box" where he posed as a bounty hunter? I'm sure it was, and it was probably intentional, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
So the helmet in the very bottom right (looking at the picture) and for give me, is that the McQuarrie Concept? It looks like the helmet that Obi Wan wore in the Season 5 Clone Wars Episodes "The Box" where he posed as a bounty hunter? I'm sure it was, and it was probably intentional, right?

Yup thats right

Yeah, that's the McQuarrie v.1.
Haven't seen the episode you're talking about, but I've seen other McQ "tributes" in the series, so I'm sure it's possible.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back