Jetpack Harness hardware materials

BudaFett

Hi I’m Bobert!
I hate starting new threads especially with questions like this! I have a metal Jetpack harness and I want to complete it! I know I need 2 inch seatbelt webbing and 1.5 inch webbing for the Jetpack attachment. I've searched and read but never a direct answer or name for the pieces I'm looking for!

Im having a hard time figuring out the most accurate hardware, besides the hooks that attach to the actual Jetpack hooks and the divers belt. What exactly do I need to have an accurate harness set up?

Thanks!

oh you need some metal doo-dads! im sure you can find doo dads, or thig-a-ma-jigs somewhere! :p

Seriously though, Im not sure if we know what the most accurate hardware was other than what you already listed. I know you can use some metal slide adjusters. My BooBooFett harness came with super heavy duty military like adjusters that were heavy. I actually switched them out for large parachute clips because the large metal military type ones were jabbing me and also sticking out of the sleeve hole on the vest a little bit. Of course all that may very well be because of my moobs lol (workin on that)

However looking at the picture below, i can't see any hardware for adjustment, so there very well may not have been any, and it was just sewn to fit Jeremy. That said, im not expert on the harness, and this is from the Pre-pro 3 technically.....and it doesnt even look like they have a Divers buckle on it........so maybe someone with more solid knowledge will chime in.
Harness_zps7e858079.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the Pre-Pro #1 harness and not the Pre-Pro #3 and judging by this image (with the same harness) there is some hardware near Johnston's hand and on the left side of the lower harness (near the buckle)

image499.jpg

And another image of the Supertrooper harness:

Boba-Fett-Costume-Test-Fitting-09.jpg

Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out what kind of "adjusters" I need to get. I think the hardware near the buckle is the 'x' shaped piece that controls the tension better. I need to know what are used on the main straps that go over the shoulders.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost looks like the same "ring" they used to connect to the hooks were used for the adjustments

How would that control adjustment?

Almost looks like the same "ring" they used to connect to the hooks were used for the adjustments

i see exactly what you mean.
the top strap wraps around two of the "rings" and sewn together. then the bottom strap feeds up through the middle of the lower "ring" and wraps around the upper "ring" then back through the middle of the bottom "ring". the friction between the bottom strap pulling on the top strap would cause the rings to sort of lock against each other, holding the straps in place. Good eye sir.

and there you have it! lol Learn somethin every day! I was lookin for that pic with JJ but i couldnt find it. go figure lol

Raf, I meant prepro, not pre pro 3. lol Ive been talking about painting the ProtoFett black series figure like that with Dom, as he did, so it was on my brain lol

I really wish someone would find a cheap and easy way to make these. I'd love to have one but no luck so far finding any material. I don't trust a 3d printed one and can't afford a $350 harness

You gotta understand BBF didnt make money on his...theyre not cheap to make...unless you work with metal and have machines at your disposal to make your own its going to cost money...just getting some custom sewing work costs $$ think about it

Yes I'm perfectly clear how expensive they are. This is why I stated "I wish" someone would find a way. And yes sewing does cost some money also. I've seen this and known this also since I began this wonderful hobby in 2008. Nothing is cheap and not Walmart as people like to put it.

Thing is it is cheap. There's no mark up. You're getting a harness rig at cost. So save up and buy it or don't. But if you want one that's what you should do.

Here's my material list I'll be buying. Please let me know if everything looks decent!

Black 2" seatbelt webbing: http://www.strapworks.com/Polyester_Seatbelt_Webbing_p/sbpew2ncf.htm

White 1.5 Polypropylene webbing: http://www.strapworks.com/Webbing_Strapping_Narrow_Fabrics_s/20.htm

4 metal 2" metal loops: http://www.strapworks.com/Metal_Loops_p/ml.htm

I'll be purchasing Full Metal Fett's metal hooks and clips from him. This is just the list for the straps and their hardware.

Everything look good?

you might want the 1.5" rings from FMF too... also you may want sliders to hold the ends....thats what it looks like they used on the original harness....COULD have been just gaffers tape though... http://www.strapworks.com/Slides_p/sss.htm
RafalFett what do you think...you have a good eye too....

OH and you want rivets for the white strapping...

ALSO please update this thread when you get it all strapped up and all...I might change the slider I have currently for these....theyre very bulky as Lou said.

Yeah, I'm buying FMF's hooks that'll attach to his jetpack clips as he's the most accurate.

So that slider should work out for the shoulder straps in replace of the 4 metal loops?

I may just buy 4 sliders and 4 loops to see how everything would work. I won't be wearing it, it's for a mannequin but I want something that's accurate.

Well I mean to say to put them below the loops. To secure the excess...but you could certainly stich the bottom to the center of the slide. And run the shoulder strap through the slide. And back thorough it and that would be very secure.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back