WIP ROTJ paint up for Kniveschau

Fett 4 Real

Sr Hunter
Hey so I've meant to start this thread just haven't gotten around to it.

Painting an animefan fp premium cold cast lid for kniveschau. ROTJ style. Love to paint rotj it doesn't get the credit it deserves to be honest it's just as complex as esb or more so depending on how you look at it. Lots of physical damage that must be added 3 layers of paint not counting the base silver (using the cold cast here) plus weathering. Lots of fading in the layers too. Such a fun helmet to look at when it's all done. Anyway onto the dome...

The back panels are drying right now pics later today. Thanks for looking.

uploadfromtaptalk1415203774988.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1415203846443.jpg

Awesome Dom. And agreed - while the ESB has more layers (if doing a layering method), ROTJ is actually a more challenging (and underrated) paint job. The detail of the layers, the misting, the fine detail, and the general randomness of much of the damage, is definitely tougher to nail down and have it look just right..

Moved on to the cheeks after I put the esb lid down last night hope to have pics of finished cheeks this weekend. And colors are jayvees btw so if you like the dome color that's the man right there

Ok so got a good bit done today. Might not look that way but we're setup for the finish now.

Green is laid down and will get weathered tomorrow. And then the blue followed by red.

uploadfromtaptalk1415410547144.jpg

Well the way I do this step there's not much to take pics of just alot of tape and masking fluid so anyway here she is with the 3 step cheeks and mandibles done.

uploadfromtaptalk1415576474137.jpg

Heres the latest pics of Kniveschaus ROTJ Commission....for paint questions refer to Jayvees ROTJ paintup same exact colors here, mix of humbrols, tamiya and model masters.

20141110_123201.jpg20141110_123208.jpg20141110_123214.jpg20141110_123223.jpg20141110_123231.jpg

So, so pretty. Absolutely stoked those colours are working out for you bud (y)
mind you this is the red I told you about not caboose. This is called rock island maroon. This was my first go at using it on a helmet. Used it on gaunts and it was perfect when weathered pretty convinced now that it was the color they used.

mind you this is the red I told you about not caboose. This is called rock island maroon. This was my first go at using it on a helmet. Used it on gaunts and it was perfect when weathered pretty convinced now that it was the color they used.

Awesome Dom, it does indeed look pretty darn close, so you could well be right. With our lists combined, we may have a pretty solid recipe for colours to follow for ROTJ/PP2 :). Great work bud!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back