Original authentic girth belts

I have a large supply of original english horse girths(i bought the lot!).
They are exactly like the original,'coz they ARE the real thing.
If anyone is interested,i might start a thread.
NO dye needed,as i say,they are the authentic item.
I also custom fit them,too,no extra charge,with attaching belts,original,authentic buckles.
I say again,these are the real thing,guys and gals.......quit messing with dye and incorrect nylon girths,willya?
I know y'all like to 'roll your own',but this is the real thing that Jem wore in the trilogy,and I have 80 of 'em.
Up to you.................

Ok folks,here's the story,a couple of years ago,I called into a local equestrian supply store,and asked for the correct type of girth.
The girl on the counter said "oh,yeah,we have lots of those old things,we can't sell them,so they're upstairs in the stockroom,how many would you like?"
So,we made a deal,and I bought the lot.
I can custom fit them like this,cut the belt,burn the ends to stop them fraying,then handstitch the buckle section back on.Then,it's just 2x1" black webbing 'straps' with riveted holes every 1" for adjustment.One end of the 'straps' is sewn onto the buckle,like the one that Jem wore in esb,and rotj.I tried to get it exact,but someone might want something different.
I know some of you use the MOM pix as reference,but be aware,these are copies of the Fett outfit,not the real thing.
Brak's Buddy has an awsome reference cd,but you'll see that the 2 outfits there are different.
I know for a fact that there are 7 Boba Fett helmets in LFL's archive,and they are all similar,but not the same.
I think that although I'm not a SW fan,I'm a big Fett fan,I think in part because it's such a hard item to 'nail',it can't be 'nailed' as there is NO definive 'perfect' Fett outfit.
Although I am always truly amazed at your work guys and gals.....I know how much work goes into making,and dying a girth belt,and I'd love to have had some of you folks working for me when I made props and sets.Talk about a talent pool...jeeperz..
So,shall we nail down the perfect girth belt,eh?
Let me know what you think y'all,who has the best idea for the finished item?

OZFettmaker wrote:

I know some of you use the MOM pix as reference,but be aware,these are copies of the Fett outfit,not the real thing.
Brak's Buddy has an awsome reference cd,but you'll see that the 2 outfits there are different.

You couldn't be more wrong. I can show PLENTY of evidence that both the AoSW and MoM suits are REAL, screen used suits. You have made a lot of outlandish claims in the past but this is simply ridiculous. Either put up or shut up. SHOW us, don't tell us, that this is true. The fact is, you can't, in which case you shouldn't be spouting such garbage. Boba Fett's history is difficult enough as it is without you throwing in unsubstantiated BS to make it more confusing, expecially to those who are new to this board.

OZFettmaker wrote:

I know for a fact that there are 7 Boba Fett helmets in LFL's archive,and they are all similar,but not the same.

Prove this. I am not saying you are wrong here. I am aware of at least 8 helmets, but all are not in the archives. If you are going to post this as "fact" then PROVE it. Otherwise, you need to reword your statement.

Really wishing the mods had a rule about banning for posting misinformation right about now....

Brak's is 100% correct. There is an archive photo, taken by one of the prop makers from the trilogy, with 4 Empire style helmets and one preproduction helmet. Even with such a low-quality photo, and despite a concerted effort to match the helmets to the ESB hero, one can still tell that NONE of those Empire style helmets are the hero.

The point is we have indefinitely better photos of the tour suits, and we have meticulously matched the parts to the ones on film. With the exception of the preproduction cod and knee, all the parts were at some point screen-used.

I'm not sure where you got your information from regarding the tour suits, but love to see any evidence that proves the parts are reproductions. I'm not trying to bust your chops on the whole "proving yourself issue," but disputing the authenticity of the tour suits is a BIG deal, because it is the best reference for the suits we have and also the most verifiable evidence.

Here we go again with the bloody "prove it!" team,well,truth is I cannot prove it,and have no desire to.
I go on info i have been given by 'those who should know',and my own experience,that's all.
If I spark off a lively debate on a subject,fine and cool,and I love to be proved wrong,if i'm on the wrong track.
btw,I was told about the 7 helmets by a LFL/ILM employee,so you go tell him,he's a liar,ok?
Not interested in getting into a pissing contest with anyone,and this is my last post to this site.
Merry Xmas,and best wishes for the New Year,to you all.

OZFettmaker wrote:

Here we go again with the bloody "prove it!" team..

Oh yes, the horror! How dare we ask for proof? I guess it is because some of us are actually looking for TRUTH that can be BACKED UP inside of wild, unsubstantiated claims made in a post where you are trying to make yourself look more knowledgable for the benefit of SELLING PRODUCT!

OZFettmaker wrote:

well, truth is I cannot prove it

Exactly! Which is why you should be more careful in how you make you "I KNOW FOR A FACT" type claims. There is no shame in saying "I was told" or "I believe" or "I think but can't prove."

OZFettmaker wrote:

and have no desire to.

And this is how rumors, myths, untruths and legends are born... Because someone doesn't know something for a fact, but tells it as if it is. That is WRONG! Period!

OZFettmaker wrote:

I go on info i have been given by 'those who should know',and my own experience,that's all.

And that is often the problem. I have run into MANY people who were there during production or have worked at LFL afterwards and many of them SHOULD HAVE KNOWN certain things too, but often they don't but in an effort to please will tell you what you want to hear. Again, this is how prop urban legends are made.

OZFettmaker wrote:

If I spark off a lively debate on a subject,fine and cool,and I love to be proved wrong,if i'm on the wrong track.

Don't try to throw the ball back in my court. You are the one making the claims. You prove it. I have nothing to prove as anything I have ever posted has been backed with picture proof or I have made it clear that what I have posted is MY OPINION.

OZFettmaker wrote:

btw,I was told about the 7 helmets by a LFL/ILM employee,so you go tell him,he's a liar,ok?

I didn't say you were a liar. I said PROVE it if you are going to say "I KNOW FOR A FACT."

OZFettmaker wrote:

Not interested in getting into a pissing contest with anyone

Nor am I but I won't stand by while ANYONE makes claims like you have made, stating them as fact and not backing them up. This is not about me being right and you being wrong. It is about posting misinformation to this board and steering people in the wrong direction.

OZFettmaker wrote:

and this is my last post to this site.

If I am not mistaken, you have said this before so we'll see ya in a few weeks.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back