Other Bounty Hunter Attempting Mandalore The Vindicated (EVA Foam)

BG2Archer

New Hunter
So, this will be my first time using EVA Foam for a build and should be interesting. I have only ever made props, figurines, and minor armor pieces here and there for friends out of craft foam, styrofoam, and wood... I have been wanting to make a full Mandalorian suit for cosplay for quite a while. My idea is to go with something a little off the beaten path, and I have landed on the decision to go with Mandalore The Vindicated, for several reasons. 1. I have yet to see anyone make that armor. 2. Both versions look awesome. The problem I am running into, is deciding on which version to go with. Version 1 has the red cape and is very sleek looking, ideal for a first build especially with EVA Foam. Version 2 has a lot of details and will require a lot of work to go into proper completion. I have no problems doing either version, experience doing detailed work on many things will lend itself well to both. I guess what I am looking for in assistance would be... Which one is more awesome than the other? LOL! Thanks for any help and I hope the links work! Once I start the build, will post progress pics.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100503161540/starwars/images/4/49/The_New_Mandalore2.JPG

mandalore_web.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey BG, this will be great! The larger than life armor depicted is perfect for EVA foam use! How do you plan to seal and coat? Good luck...

I decided to go with the first version, with the cape. Dynamic1, I plan on sealing it using Mod Podge in an aerosol for even coating, sanding between layers until I get the right texture as well as a good seal. I will more than likely use acrylic paints, I have yet to have any trouble using them on flexible pieces, and this will not move too much so it should be fine. As for a top coat, I will probably go with clear plastidip, unless I find something else I like more. I don't want to have too much of a rubber look to it, as much as I can avoid it anyways, so we'll see how it goes! This weekend I will be working on paper and cardboard templates, once I get some done, I will post the pics.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back