Slim & trim shins... How do you do it?

Necronaut

Hunter
My shins on my flight suit seem to flap around like chicken wings. The shin tools hang over the strap around the boot cuff, the tools lean forward and sway when I walk, and the boot cuffs eventually pull out from the cuff strap. The elastic around my knee armor doesn't seem to help.

How do you all maintain the look of form-fitting, tight, tucked in shins? I'm considering taking my flight suit to a tailor to taper the shins in, and maybe taper my arms too.

I have this issue as well - bulky shins that with the tools, flap over. Look at how much extra material I have:

RWO_6972.jpg

I don't have my armor yet, but I'm hoping that with my knees, I can bring the material up enough to keep it tight...also use a piece of velcro on the knees and knee armor to keep it there, with tight elastic. I've tucked the ends of the legs into my boots, and cover that with the spats. Hopefully that works.

If it doesn't, I would consider going to a tailor and getting a chunk taken out around the knee area and cover the seam with your knee armor. Makes more sense than having it taken out from the bottom or thigh - that would put your pockets out of alignment.

I had expected this to be an issue after I got my shin tools, but it isn't. I had come up all sorts of elaborates way to keep the tools in place (my best was to poke holes on the inside of the pocket and use some sort of string or fabric to wrap around the tool and my leg without being visible to keep it in place), but it turns out that it wasn't needed, which wasby fluke as much as any planning or foresight. I have a MoW flightsuit.
However, I am using magnets on the knee armor and love how they hold the armor in place (along with the elastic strap in the back). They are very strong and would very easily keep folded material out of site and the armor in place (if that's what you end up doing).

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back