Flak Vest length

Furious

Active Hunter
So I have looked around but don't really see anything that quite answers my question, which is: How long(or short) should the flak vest be? Say in relation to the belly button, where should the bottom of the vest end? I am slightly vertically challenged so I have to adjust my vest but have never been too sure how long it should be. I have usually gone with what looks about right according to pictures but have never been too sure.

Thanks!

it's based more on the size of your armor. once the armor is spaced well for your chest, about a finger width between the chest pieces and the diamond, then again between the chest and ab plates. once you have that figured out, the vest comes to about a half to three quarters of an inch (even possibly up to a full inch if you're a bigger guy in either height or width) below the ab plate.so short version, figure out how far your armor comes down to, then add a little more.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back