Looking for boba fett fiberglass armor

whouck

New Hunter
Anyone shoot me in the right direction of fiberglass armor makers? Looking to upgrade and stay away from eBay. Thanks!

Is there are a particular reason you're after fiberglass or are you just after better armor? I very happy with my ABS armor and it's very light and comfortable.

ABS is better IMO, but I know that Bobamaker was making 'glass Fett armor at one point (he's the only one that I know of). Not sure if he still is or not, but hit him up and ask :)

Bobamaker V.3 is ABS, which is what I have. Not sure if he still makes fiberglass. I got mine a while ago and waited about 10-11 months or so to get it.

He doesn't do FG as far as I know. I ordered a set from him (which I sold) because the pieces I already had of his were FG, and the set I got were ABS and he said he didn't do FG any more.

No reputable vendor here uses glass anymore for boba.
The screen used was ABS and the .090 thick stuff feels lite but strong. It will far outlast the FG stuff. If you flex the FG just a bit the gelcoat exterior that will be painted will not flex, but crack.
I too wanted it at first, but you'll be better off with RKD or FP or BM. Bobamaker has still not updated his website, but he too has switched over to ABS.

Its for a Boba statue so the flexibility and uncomfortableness isn't an issue but after getting some feedback from bhg I may just go abs. I thought fiberglass might look more like metal but I was just made aware that the screen used armor was abs too. 10-11 months is a long wait too!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone!

I believe Fettpride is even longer. Your best bet would be RKD, who chimed in above (no idea on his wait times), or finding a set in the cargo hold.
Good luck.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back