General Daft Aider's ROTJ SE WIP

Daft Aider

Hunter
Hi Guys,
It's been almost 12 months since I started this project - and I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel, just waiting for my jetpack kit from RS props.

Helmet - ASOK GMH coldcast US: trimmed, sanded assembled and painted by me
Visor - T-visor.com
Headset mike - eBay
Voice amp/speaker set - ROM/FX
Helmet servo kit - Salamanderking/JC27
Rangefinder light kit - JC27
ROTJ EE3 Blaster Kit (second) - Stormrider US: assembled and painted by me
ROTJ Armour - RS Props UK: trimmed, sanded and painted by me
ROTJ Flightsuit, Spats and Pouches - Loanstar Germany
ROTJ Cape - Woodman US
ROTJ SE wookie Braids - Woodman US
Flak Vest and Neck Seal - Batninja US
Girth Belt - TDH member Canada
Boots - MOW: from TDH member Australia
Toe Spikes - TDH member
Ammo Belt (12 pouches) - MOW US: weathered by me
Gauntlets - MOW US: sanded, assembled and painted by me
Gloves - MOW US: weathered by me
Chest lights - Fettronics
Shin Tools - RS Props UK
Jetpack Harness - 3D Printed harness from Toolguy - straps and bar added by me
Jetpack - RS Props UK

http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/DaftAider/slideshow/Boba Fett ROTJ SE

Please take a look at the link
I would be really interested to hear your views

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job overall, man!! Solid work on the paint job, and the weathering looks great.

I would double check your fitting on your right gauntlet. It looks like it's rotated a bit. Perhaps add some foam to ensure a snug fit?

Also, not sure if you added this yet, and also not sure if this is SE...but I know it's for ROTJ, but the knee dart rings are painted black and red. It doesn't show up in your reference image that you used on your knee, but it's something to double check.

Thanks for the comments .....since the test fit photo's I've added some foam inside the gauntlets, so hopefully this should solve any rotating issues (you'll notice I hadn't painted the knees at that stage either) As far as the knees go, I was going to add a bit of weathering to the knee darts I will double check for the colures rings (these are the ref shots I used), the SE the darts should have the serrated (threaded) ends but I could only get flat ends through any vendors at the time - I-is this likely to stop me getting clearance with the 501st?
As it's halloween over the weekend I'm hoping to get some more shots of me in my suit... so watch this space. Spending a bit more time in the suit should hopefully highlight any issues I may have if I intend to go trooping in it.
Boba-Fett-Costume-AoSW-2000-020.jpgBoba-Fett-Costume-AoSW-2000-030.jpgBoba-Fett-Costume-AoSW-2000-098.jpgBoba-Fett-Costume-AoSW-2000-099.jpg

After a year or so of research on TDH and saving money up, this is the first costume I've ever attempted and I've never trooped, so I was nervous putting this thread up - the positive but honest feedback is very much appreciated

steal away RKD :) - just to warn you that the whipcord housing works fine with the magnets but the flame-thrower kept falling off because my hand would knock it off (if you look at my test fit photo's you can see it's slightly out of position, 2 seconds later it wasn't there) I've now fitted some bolts and wing nuts to hold the flamethrower on. I'll take some pics to show you.

Managed to get dressed up for a bit of Trick or Treating with my Daughter (Princess Leia), my big bro (sand trooper) and nephews
Hall 9.jpgHall 8.jpgHall 7.jpgHall 6.jpgHall 5.jpgHall 4.jpgHall 3.jpgHall 2.jpgHall 1.jpgHall 10.jpg

IMG_7099.JPG

I used rattlecan for the silver base layer, then airbrush the rest (cheap £25 airbrush) with humbrol enamels, I followed Lewis' (welshwarrior) tutorials on Youtube they are brilliant! I'm really happy considering it was my first ever attempt.

Jetpack arrived a couple of weeks ago - did a quick test fit with my pack plate and harness, a bit of refining to do but very happy!
IMG_2872.jpgIMG_2873.jpgIMG_2877.jpgIMG_2878.jpg
Just need to paint this monster now! deep breaths:p

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back