General Do you, or can you, sit down in your Fett?

Bounty1138

Active Hunter
As I get closer to finishing my ESB Boba Fett and now that I have a costume I can wear, I thought I'd ask a question I've been wondering about for a while.
Can you, or do you, ever really sit down in your Fett?
I can sort of sit (sorta half plank), but that's as close as I can get with my cod and kidney armour attached. I don't want anything to break.
A good hunk of my motivation for building my Fett was to wear it to the theater for the releases of the new movies.
I figure that I'm not going to be able to wear my jetpack (when I get it), unless I make arrangement with the theatre owner/operator to stash it securely somewhere during the movies (unless I just leave it at my feet in all sorts of pop and popcorn goo).
Do you just remove the codpiece to sit down or does yours allow you a great range of motion?
What's the Fettiquette?
Are you ever caught without your cod in public? Is that against the bylaws of the bounty hunter's guild?
Should I just suck it up and stand at parties and different events? What about watching movies in a theatre?
I tried a couple of searches, but couldn't turn up an answer. I also don't recall pics of people sitting around in their Fett.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hey man....

From what I've heard from our locals...it's near impossible to sit down in the gear. I was thinking about that too...since I want to wear my Fett to the opening of EP7. The best chance you can probably get is a good 'lean' ...while was photographing the TKs I kept forgetting that they couldn't even kneel, let along squat down a bit. You may have to remove the cod and kidney completely...and obviously the jetpack. I will probably end up leaving my jetpack at my feet. Make sure you go to a theatre with decent leg room :) Or maybe score one of those seats in the back that opens up to the aisle and leave it there...just make sure no one steps on it.

As I type this...I'm wondering more and more how much of a pain it's actually going to be. All costume lights will have to be turned off (for obvious reasons)...so there will be a lot of fiddling there turning everything off.

Hmm....will have to plan something accordingly for the theatre. Interested to hear what others have done.

For events though...it's pretty much a given that you'll be standing for a while. This is where leaning will be your friend for brief breaks. Most of our troops are around the 4 hour range.....so not too bad. And you can always break (tear down full costume) and get back at it later.

I read a thread that you were planning on driving down to Celebration 7? Can't remember if I asked you or not about transporting my Fett....I know it's ROTJ...but pretty sure it would be sick having two BC boys represent both Fetts. ;) I'm staying with my brother at his LA apartment and am flying down....didn't want to risk shipping it. We could coordinate getting changed for sure and I'll throw you some gas money. I also don't think I would troop the whole time...as I've heard California is slightly warmer than Canada ;)

Yeh you can sit would recommend edge of a table are something that height,one thing I would recommend is if you are trooping all day if you get the chance take the gaunts off,did a troop few weeks ago and my left thumb is still numb really think I've did permeant damage things you do Fetting...lol

I think it has a lot to do with the trimming of the parts. I can not sit in my Fett at all. As for trooping Ep7 I would troop it as Fett but actually view the film in normal attire. The last thing you want is someone accidentally step on a part of your gear in the dark, or God help you if there is an actual emergency in the theater. I know theaters here will let us troop the lobby but not go inside in gear (Las Vegas) at least that is what I have heard.

i can sit in mine..i kinda hike up my cod/kidney plate a little bit right before i sit (kinda like you would do on the knees with dress pants) and i have no issue. I do sit carefully, not just plop down lol, but i can sit. :)

Thanks for all the responses. I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't sit down in my Fett :)
I'm still a little torn on what to do when Episode 7 rolls around, but at least I have more than a year to figure it out.

i can sit in mine..i kinda hike up my cod/kidney plate a little bit right before i sit (kinda like you would do on the knees with dress pants) and i have no issue. I do sit carefully, not just plop down lol, but i can sit. :)

I can sit as well. Not full blown, snug against the chair back, but, I can sit at a 90* and not worry about damaging anything. Take the COD/Kidney armor off. Don't bring the JP.

You have enough time to make a cardboard jetpack to just wear and sit on the ground at the cinema!

Sitting while in costuming is very important. Its becomes very important halfway through when you begin to thing " How did his whiz in this thing" I mean you can't where the pack but comfort is also something to be concerned about just with making sure the pant size alone is let out for confort and doesn't appear that your armor droops. Good post, being my second build of just the Helmet i'm making sure some things are noted.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back