my custom made divers buckle

razorsharp192

Active Hunter
Hi all

Just thought i'd share a little thing i've made. I'm making an SE costume and started looking for the divers buckle, as they're quite expensive i thought i'd give a go making one, and if i cocked it up, then i'd buy one.

I started with one of these off ebay (£8.99, the belt is just black, it doesn't have the Beaver writing on it at all):
weight%20belt.jpg

The buckle that came with it was more like this though:
stainless-steel-weight-belt-cam-lock-buckle-0.jpg

You can see that the buckle itself isn't the correct shape for the ROTJ fett one, so I bought a small piece of 1mm sheet aluminium off ebay for 99p delivered. With the aluminium only being thin (but not so thin that it's flimsy or is going to bend with use) you can cut it with a decent pair of scissors. The idea was to make a cover for the existing buckle which is the shape of the correct buckle, so, I cut and bent it to shape, glued it onto the buckle and ended up with a fairly accurate (IMO) ROTJ buckle (see attached pics) including the webbing belt for less than £10. Any comments welcome!

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back