Floquil ROTJ Helmet list?

TheCaptain

Jr Hunter
I'm planning on doing the Jedi version of the helmet and I'd like to use Floquils paints as I've amassed quite a few of those over the years from doing models and such.
I searched a little but all i found was Humbrol and spray paint cans.
can anyone help me out?

Rock island maroon for the red on the cheeks....there's no other colors I can really recommend as I haven't painted using floquils for the other areas... but that is my new color for the cheeks that I'm very happy with.

Is there any way to get that colour, Fett 4 Real? I remember looking for floquil paints, specifically the red, but the shipping was ridiculous to Canada, or I couldn't find the right colour. I assume the same colour would be used for the gauntlets?

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, not really its an OLD color...Closest thing currently is British Crimson...(very close in my color swatches) Spent about $100 on red paint this year testing things

I tried the british crimson on a swatch...but I think I failed at making a useful swatch. It did not come out how I thought it would.

This was my swatch:

bc.jpg

I found some other photos of it painted on some airplanes...and it looks right....here is my post: #84

I also thought Humbrol 100 + Humbrol 73 at a 1:1 ratio looked pretty good....but you're more of an expert at ROTJ than me, so whatever you think is closest works for me.

YEH!!! That color is perfect ROTJ....more to come on that when I post pics of KnivesChaus helmet here in a few weeks. Mix of jayvees colors and my own

Cool. Looking forward to that. I have been toiling over that red for a while. It would be good to see british crimson used on a helmet so I have a better frame of reference. And just to confirm - you agree it's the same red on the gauntlets?

I've used caboose and it's a bit duller then the rock island and British crimson. Just something to think about. However. Old caboose is more brilliant. But more red then we want for the helmet I think...

That British crimson looks pretty good, even in that colour swatch. I used Caboose on mine, and really like it, so you prob won't go too wrong with either. The back panel green I will stick to my mix of CNW green and Southern Green (1:1 mix). Other than that, I used a lot of Humbrol colours. Floquils have been discontinued, so finding them may be getting trickier...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back