Another one of those helmet questions

ISBEAR

Hunter
Hello Awsome People
I, as many others here, are trying to build a Fett Suit, and I am trying to figure out witch Bucket to buy, and there is a lot of info on buckets here. I tryed on my towns local Fett Boba fett helmet, witch is a Bobamaker helmet and it was't any room to spare. wondered then If a fph2, gmh or a asok budget would be better, wanna put in one of salamanderkings servo and light kits. So the question is:
all of those helmets are bigger than Bobamakers one? and how much room the servo needed? and witch bucket you would recommend sizewise?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I recommend the FPH2, not sure of his wait time though. The FP premium is also a very nice helmet, and both are a little larger than the GMH or the budget FP lid. Do a search for FPH2 and scroll down to locate the introduction thread on it by Fettpride. Down in the thread Chris has some good pics with measurement differences in his lids....the premium is very close to the fph2 in size, and you should be able to get one pretty quick.

i thought animefan currently owns the fp premium? he makes a good helmet. the asok fp budget is another great helmet, though the interior is a bit smaller due to the thickness of the resin, but it's great to work on as well. i'm pretty sure fp himself only makes the fph2 and gmh any more.

I own bought an Asok Budget. That being said, I've seen a lot more quality right out of the box from people showing off their Animefan helmets. That's what I would go with, though I had an apparently less than common experience with my Asok. Just my 2 cents.

Chris only makes the fph2 lids as far as I know. I think he sold the GMH mold a while ago.

Yes, Animefan has the premium molds, and Asok has the GMH and budget molds.
I mentioned that the premium and fph2 are very similar size wise. If you can handle the wait, I'd go fph2....but the premium is a solid well made lid and should be a much shorter wait time.

thanks for all the respones guys, trying to figure out a helmet when Im si a lot harder than I tought.
Im 5'9 and around 190lbs, and a fph2 or a animefan premium would maybe be alittle big to me? rather than the smaller asok budget?

Being honest dude I had a GMH and felt it was to small I'm about your build and slightly taller but I think FPH2 is the only way to go,I personally love mine :)

Asok budget is BIGGER than the GMH. Just FYI

The GMH and Bobamaker are about the same which are about the size of the Asok Jango.

oh and I am 5'10 185 and all of these helmets work on me. The GMH and the Bobamaker don't give me a ton of room, but they work just fine.

Without armor on any of these lids will give most folks the bobble headed look lol.
I believe the Jango lid is a tad smaller than the screen used Boba.
If you look at the screen caps in the gallery, you will notice that the helmet in ESB is definitely kind of big on Bulloch.
I don't know if Chris(FP)was making a premium way back in 2008, but it was his mold regardless. And as Mullreel stated, the Boba budget(also FP's mold)would also be a good candidate.

The budget and premium are the exact same size. The fph2 is about the same size but different dimensions all over. Left is a premium right is a fph2

uploadfromtaptalk1414027711164.jpg

Not a good comparison shot but I assure you they're very close in size. But honestly the fp helmet is a better quality helmet. Just better glass work.

budget and premium are the same? I think I read somewhere that fp premium and the fp budget are like two versions of the same helmet. is that true?

i believe so. The budget was cast with the ear parts attached (aside from the rangefinder stalk and ear cap. The Premium has all the ear parts separate. pretty sure that was the difference when FP had both of those molds...if i remember correctly....correct me if im wrong anyone lol

i believe so. The budget was cast with the ear parts attached (aside from the rangefinder stalk and ear cap. The Premium has all the ear parts separate. pretty sure that was the difference when FP had both of those molds...if i remember correctly....correct me if im wrong anyone lol

Basically. Also the premiums have always been cast in fiberglass and still are. The budgets are cast in PU resin other than the very small few FP did before passing on the mold.

1416707901817203999667.jpg
All of them are pretty similar in sizes.
Animefan Premium on the left, ASOK budget on the right.
The Premium helmet has a larger visor opening at the top center of the T.
They were said to be the same but I can't see it in the visor area.

I should probably get that helmet comparison thread back up... along with the armor size comparisons.

7BC7CAFF-E3AF-4C97-99D7-15B275841BF5.jpg Premium on the left, FPH2 on the right.

GMHvsFPH2.jpgGMH left, FPH2 on the right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys while theyre the same size the MR "premium" is based on the MR Prototype for the MR helmet...its basically the digital scan MR then modified it for whatever reason (possibly because they thought it wasnt correct?) The Prototype has less of a ROUND dome yes I said ROUND...the budget Animefan offers with ears mounted and casted as 1 piece and the FP "budget" FP offered in glass and Asok offers in Cold Cast was the Production MR helmet with out the pinch....

So NOT the same helmet same size but not the same...animefans and FP's original Premium are more TRUE to the helmet they scanned at LFL Archives....and the budget is a cleaned up MR both are good but the Premium is better and called a premium for a reason.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back