Revans Mask

DanielS

Hunter
Hey guys!
I just thought I'd share with you my very first "build".
And by that I mean last piece of clean-up and painting :p oh yeah and some gluing!
I bought the Revans Mask from DrunkenMynoch and it was already very clean, so I didn't really do much.
Anyways, pictures start now!
First I sprayed it in silver.
vYyTFC.jpg

And when it was dry I masked it up where I didn't want any red paint.

xFLOOM.jpg

After this I started painting the brighter red color. I used a water based model paint since this will only be a display prop and not a costume.

npgzas.jpg

I used a regular brush for this. I was not completely satisfied with this result yet, but I knew more work was coming to it I just felt like I had to wait and see.
Next I painted more red, but this time mixed with some black in the same kind of model paint.

LE7qNf.jpg

And since this paint was still kinda fresh on the mask, it was like a rubber layer. I felt that I could just carefully scrape off color where I was unhappy of just wanted some weathering.
And speaking of weathering! I used some black model paint and a lot of water to get some "dirt". I painted on this solution heavily and then wiped it off carefully with some paper. I did that for quite a while until I was satisfied with the results.

LA82kh.jpg

And with that done I felt that I managed to get rid of this plastic look it had before.
Now all I had to do was get the visor in place, provided also by DrunkenMynoch :)
This is the end result. I must admit that I am very pleased with the result, being my first paint-job and all :)

WxCNNQ.jpg

So, what do you guys think?

//Daniel

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back