Don post deluxe ?

Darn :facepalm ... Since I saw one in the flesh ( as it were ) I decided I must get one.. probably later rather than sooner though :lol:.. Nae !!
So I'm guessing about £800 + then

I've got one number #250 out of 500 DP pieces or more wich were made back in 95 n 96. They say it was suppose to be a copy of the original ESB helmet etc.etc.,heh who knows? There were times I wanted to get rid of it but I have noticed that its the right scale for my heightand looks better with a new paintjob.I'd say go for an MSH helmet you won't regret it.

From what I've read in some of the things on this site MSH is a tad on the large size.. I would look like the Boba Fett bobble header that stands on my book shelf :lol:

Mystery is for the average size guy. I know someone that ordered one from eBay and although it took 5 months for him to get it, wow is it nice.

I do not recommend the DP deluxe as a replica costume Boba fett helmet, Its just way to high, alternitivly you can get a fiberglass casting of one, but why?

Take a look at TK-409's lineup and look at his DP deluxe then look at his mystery helmet, no contest.

movie_comparison.jpg

I just got my MSH recently and thought it looked rather large as well but once you get all the costume armor and jumpsuit layers on it looks perfect.

The MSH looks a little on the large side still in that picture, And I kind of prefer the look of the deluxe as'well :).. The MSH is very cool though

Having just looked at some comparison pictures Put up/uploaded ( or whatever it's called ) by Mr well paid killer It seems that there is'nt much difference between a MSH 2 and a Don Post Deluxe, apart from the keyhole bit at the back being better on the Don Post Deluxe.
But that's nothing worth worrying about too much :)

Amen to that. Also, the "Mystery" helmet and "MSH" helmet are too totally different helmets. The "Movie" version you see in TK409's pics is one of the real helmets that was on display, not a fan made helmet.

One thing that always bothered me about the DP Deluxe is that the top part of the T-Visor was too wide. Like it was one dremel pass away from an Altmann's visor. The Mystery has the more movie accurate Fett 'squint' to the visor. The MSH has the dead on squint and waviness to the visor that the ESB helmet has. But it is all personal preference. If you like the DP Deluxe, then go with what makes you the happiest. :)

Well I could quite happily go for either one now that I know they're not so different :).. but yes always do what makes you happiest ( unless it's illegal :) )

Although the extra visability of the deluxe would be quite welcome , the amount of times I trod on the back of Padme's dress at Halloween !!, I was so sure there was going to be a Benny Hill moment :lol:

Man, the Don Post Deluxe looks skinny and silly to me compared to the proper flare and proportion of an MSH2. The Mystery Helmet isn't bad either and it is lightyears more accurate than a Don Post Deluxe, but if someone can't see the differences in overall shape from photos, then they'll be happy with anything they get. Thats all that matters really.

The MSH2 does not have the proper flare and proportion of the real helmet. It's been exaggerated.

animetronic wrote:

Man, the Don Post Deluxe looks skinny and silly to me compared to the proper flare and proportion of an MSH2. The Mystery Helmet isn't bad either and it is lightyears more accurate than a Don Post Deluxe, but if someone can't see the differences in overall shape from photos, then they'll be happy with anything they get. Thats all that matters really.

animetronic wrote:

Anything ? I do hope your not including rubies and Don post 97's there :lol:

The msh 2 does appear to be a little bigger and wider than the fantastic Don post deluxe after having seen a better lot of pictures, clearer pictures make it easier to see the differences I guess.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back