Syper's Boba Fett Supertrooper Automatic Blaster Build W.I.P

Syper

Active Hunter

Over the years I have collected parts here and there to someday build a Supertrooper blaster. Well that time is here and here's what I’m starting with. The building has started so I hope to update as often as possible. Please chime in if something doesn’t look right, thanks
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good.

I know those pin stripe graflex flashguns are hard to find. I lucked out finding one that was stripped by a lightsaber builder.

I scratch built the aluminium control pannel. Was about the hardest part to make.

Everything looks great so far! From what I see there, you miss the Glenross dental expansion screw which was glued/screwed to the aluminum plate:

Supertrooper Glenross Dental Expansion Screw.jpg

I know we have talked about the 3 clear parts, but I will need the following measurement to have a starting point for the size of the items:

Boba-Fett-Supertrooper-Automatic-Blaster-04 Measurement.jpg

There is another missing piece on the aluminum plate, which is part of the MQ-1 calculator, but it is hard to tell which part; I think this is the best candidate (you'll have to cut down the lower half part):

Supertrooper MQ-1 Part.jpg

Can't wait to see more of this build!

Everything looks great so far! From what I see there, you miss the Glenross dental expansion screw which was glued/screwed to the aluminum plate:

View attachment 81760

I know we have talked about the 3 clear parts, but I will need the following measurement to have a starting point for the size of the items:

View attachment 81763

There is another missing piece on the aluminum plate, which is part of the MQ-1 calculator, but it is hard to tell which part; I think this is the best candidate (you'll have to cut down the lower half part):

View attachment 81764

Thanks for kind word people:) First photo I have never seen before /too cool Rafal. That same pic in the gallery is cut off near the bottom so I have never seen this detail, Thanks Brother
The measurement of the aluminum face plate is 11mm by 2mm wide.
I have a pic or two
IMG_4919.JPGIMG_4922.JPGIMG_4929.JPG

View attachment 81764

Here you are spot on in my opinion Levi. I believe I have a theory that proves your hunch.

This area I have circled, clearly is glue residue we know this, but upon closer inspection this glue residue is a perfect match when compared to the back of the MQ-1 "Reset" piece's back or flat area.
STB1.PNGIMG_4944.JPGIMG_4946.JPG

Another finding I think is interesting if you line up the "Reset-MQ-1" piece with the glue marks the drill hole we see on the far right is visible. I physically placed the MQ-1 Reset piece on the screen and again the hole and the glue marks are a perfect match.

Drill hole on the far right .................... opening where drill hole would be visible. ?
STB2.PNGSTB3.PNG

Adding more pics of this MQ-1 Reset piece
IMG_4942.JPGIMG_4943.JPGIMG_4944.JPGIMG_4946.JPGIMG_4939.JPG

Great! Thanks for the measurements and the extra images for the MQ-1 piece. Thanks to you I was able to guesstimate the correct MQ-1 part, as you had plenty images with the calculator disassembled in your Pre-Pro #2 thread.

I have played a bit with the images and measurements you posted and I managed to do this:

Blaster Plate Original.jpg

If you look closer, the lower part of the aluminum plate frame is sanded down, because the plate has around 22mm and not 20mm as you have in your image:

Boba-Fett-Supertrooper-Automatic-Blaster-04-Measurement.jpg

Will see what can I do regarding the 3 clear parts.

now that is cool. Never seen those extra parts on the aluminium control plate before. Think I need a couple of small upgrades to mine now

Yeah Man, Levi’s image should be added to the gallery! I too have never seen that detail on the aluminum panel or control faceplate. Its clearly has the same size and shape on the Glenross expansion part

Disassembled the UZI, removed all unnecessary parts.
IMG_4844.JPG
Cutting time, removed the top curved parts of the body.

STB4.PNGSTB5.PNG
and here it is cleaned up and the clip cut to fit correctly for SuperTrooper Blaster

IMG_4849.JPGIMG_4853.JPG IMG_4856.JPG

Assembled the side greeblies using the Paterson Chemical Stirrer, Michell Engineering Spike and the Rotring Sec-O-Mat. I used JB weld to glue it all together.
IMG_4890.JPGIMG_4891.JPG
Cut the flash tube to correct length
IMG_4893.JPG IMG_4894.JPGIMG_4895.JPG

Added flat black paint.
IMG_4907.JPG

painted the rear release trigger white two or three times the a coat or two with bright red nail polish
IMG_4863.JPGIMG_4864.JPGIMG_4901.JPG

IMG_4905.JPG

Made the top / cover removable and added rare earth magnets to hold it on. Also fabricated the side sunk in area using sintra
006.JPG008.JPG007.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back