My new Fett Pride armor

Ordin

New Hunter
20140927_161553.jpg

My new Fett Pride armor... placement ok? Is the armor to thick? Should I sand it down?

Yessir, it's too thick. Should be around an 1/8" thick. It needs to have some return on the edge or look too thin, but it's got a happy medium.
Check the reference pictures in the gallery and see if you can get a good angle of the armor for reference.

Placement look good though! How are you attaching it to the vest?
Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-03.jpg

Did you get that directly from Chris? I'm surprised it would be that thick. Placement looks perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Guys,

I am using Nylon Screws that I have super glued to the armor. I have attached them inside then I cut holes in my best and used a nut to secure them. I have eyelets in several places but I am not 100% happy with placement so I am still messing around :)

What the heck is AE armor?

Looks great Ordin. Like the guys say, you should take off a good amount on the edges. I would say trim back about half of what you have there. Make it a bit over 1/8th of an inch thick.

Yeah, Anniversary Edition (FP's newest armor set). I'm only asking because in the photo it looks a little larger than the v4. Could just be the camera though.

Did you get that directly from Chris? I'm surprised it would be that thick. Placement looks perfect.

Its not really "thick" it just needs trimming from being vac formed.

Yeah, Anniversary Edition (FP's newest armor set). I'm only asking because in the photo it looks a little larger than the v4. Could just be the camera though.

This is FPA(fettpride armor[looks like it anyways]), the final version of his armor as he was telling me, no more tweaks and slightly larger (not as large as V3) then V4 Ponte said his V4 holes for his vest lined up though so really not much larger in the chest plates ...but the cod was very undersized for a normal person. A ROTJ version, ESB version of all plates and SE which is all mixed up ;)

Ordin. As a few stated above....not actually thickness that's the issue here. Just too much left on the return side (edges) of the armor.
The pic I pasted should give some pretty clear idea of a general amount to leave on the edges.

That is the FPA. Because it’s my final version, I’ve eliminated version numbers. It’s just ‘Fettpride Armor’ now (FPA for short). And is part of my anniversary edition line of pieces. Most of which are still TBA (very soon). And there are MANY. The armor has been done for quite some time, so it’s the first to leak out. But between my move, shop build, and order catch up it’s taken longer than I’d hoped to get everything ‘officially” announced and galleried / shown off properly. So this is all a bit of a spoiler. I normally like to show the pieces myself first. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, that wasn’t possible. I will be doing a full show off on each of the new pieces relatively soon, armor included. As Domenic pointed out, there are several versions to cover. Until then though, I’ld ask to keep the chit chat to a minimum until I can, otherwise it’s all conjecture and won’t be quite fair. But I will say that the FPA is in fact larger than the V.4. as can be seen in the attached pic. (ROTJ version shown). And the thickness discussed its just the excess/overage/flash that gets trimmed off from the forms. Same as any other vacuum formed set of anything. One of these days I'll find the time to post up a how to on that to achieve the correct (intended) lip thickness.

Thanks

Chris

(Early prototype pull shown)

fpa1.jpg

fpa1.jpg

What's with those dents?
Looks nice! Still got some refining to do I think. Definitely closer than the V4 though.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back