ears using wof templates

jenbunk

New Hunter
Hi, I'm new to this forum and to building helmets as well. My 4 year old wants to be Boba Fett for Halloween and what mother could say no to that? So here I am, reading on this forum for hours learning how to scratch build him a helmet. I am using the WOF templates and so far so good. I am just now starting to assemble the ears and I am a little confused. I think I know how they go together, but I am hesitant to cut and glue after all the work I have put into just cutting them out. Is there a step by step on assembling the ears from WOF templates? If so, please point me in the right direction. I will go work on my 8 year olds storm trooper helmet while waiting for a reply:)

Thanks mcfarlj3! I did check out antman's tutorial. It was immensely helpful and the only reason why the helmet looks like it is supposed to at this point:) From what I can tell he deviated from the template and did something different with the ears. He layered them instead of them being hollow...I think. I would just go with what Antman did because there is a tutorial, but before I checked out his tutorial I already cut out all the little shapes and plus I don't have enough poster board left to do it his way. I don't want to buy another sheet as it's super expensive in Alaska. That is why I was hoping somebody followed the WOF templates way and laid it out for newbies like me. Thanks again for the reply!!

I did it using WOF templates, but I mande many small pieces I kinda figured out of myself. I would suggest you to take a deep look at many pictures and you will figure out (like me) how to assembly them :) remember to add some water to moist the cardboard in order to flex it.
Good luck!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back