How to attach Chest and back armor???

Ordin

New Hunter
Hello Everyone,

I have seen several ways to attach the armor on this forum and I was wondering what is the BEST method of attaching your chest and back armor???

I could really use a tutorial on how to do this.

Thank You
Josh

I think it depends also on how accurate you want to do this. For boba, IIRC, the screen used armor was attached via holes/grommets in the vest and secured with bolts. Now, a quick, yet fairly secure method is the application of strong rare-earth metal-type magnets (at least for the chest armor pieces)

The backplate I imagine would be better secured w/ decent velcro, so it's at least secured. The jetpack once on would force it against your back further supporting it, but don't take my word for it

I attached my armor with rare earth magnets and I've been very happy with the results. I like how you can adjust on the fly when you need to, yet it's secure and won't fall off (unless a ridiculous amount of force is applied and it may be better if it comes off in that situation).

Some folks use snaps on the front armor, and I've also seen snaps at the top of the backplate and hooks/eyelets down lower for the backplate. The hook areas hold more weight, and the weight of the JP keeps it all pushed down where it should be.
I'm using the grommet bolt method personally on my Jango, and may do the same for Boba.
Cruzer has a tutorial on the Jango section of the backplate hooks.
Bobamaker has an overview of the grommet method.

Hello Syllander,

Let me first off say this forum is amazing and I get the best ideas from it!!!

Do you have the Bobamaker overview? I am trying to find a template for each of the armor pieces on where the screws go. I am trying to be as screen accurate as possible. I bought my armor from FettPride so I am trying to connect it with the screws that Chris provided.

Thanks
Josh

Josh - the bobamaker tutorial is in the second post. Second link.

I personally am going to use chicago screws. This way it's curved and does not have a sharp edge. Placement will vary depending on your size in comparison to the armor. Just make sure that you put enough down that it doesn't have floppy areas ;)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back