The As You Wish Project - An Introduction

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
Boba Fett and Clone Trooper fans are we excited to share this news with you!

Today we are officially announcing the start of the "As You Wish" Project, a joint effort between the Dented Helmet and the 501st (sponsored by Movie Prop Sites, LLC and eFX Collectibles) to provide 40 Boba Fett and Clone Trooper helmets (collectively) to talented artists and studios to be customized, exhibited at Star Wars: Celebration VI and ultimately auctioned online with 100% of the proceeds going to the Make-A-Wish Foundation!

The "As You Wish" Project was inspired by 2010’s 501st TK Helmet Project which included 50 reimagined Stormtrooper helmets and which helped raise over $65,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation! Further inspiration came from Dov Kelemer and Sarah Jo Marks’ creation; The Vader Project which included 100 reimagined Darth Vader helmets put into a traveling exhibit and then auctioned.
After the success of the 501st TK Helmet Project at Star Wars: Celebration V, we at the Dented Helmet joined with the 501st and sought approval to pursue a similar project using both Boba Fett’s iconic helmet as well as the Episode II Clone Trooper helmet as a basis for artists reimagination. With the help of Mary Franklin, we gained approval and for the past 6 months we have been working hard on the logistics of obtaining the helmets and having talented artists and studios sign on to help with the project.

The Clone Trooper helmet as provided by eFX and the Boba Fett helmet as provided by the Dented Helmet.eFx has graciously donated the Clone Trooper helmets which the 501st is distributing and the Dented Helmet has supplied the Boba Fett helmets!

We will be collecting the helmets from the artists at the end of May and hope to have a small exhibit at San Diego Comic Con 2012 and a full exhibit at Star Wars: Celebration VI in Orlando, FL! After Celebration VI, the helmets will be auctioned on line with all the proceeds going directly to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

So, why are we telling you about this a YEAR in advance of the event? For two reasons; first so you can start saving you money now in order to have an opportunity to bid on one of these amazing art-pieces! Second, because we are going to be sharing information with you throughout the next 12 months about each of the artists, their initial concept art, work-in-progress shots, and then the final product. We hope as many of you as possible will come to Star Wars: Celebration VI to see these in person, but for those who can't, we will have tons of photos here and on Facebook!

Speaking of Facebook, while we will be posting full articles here on the Dented Helmet, Facebook will be our main means of communication throughout the year. Please "LIKE" our Facebook page at Update Your Browser | Facebook

Please tell your friends about it, post on facebook about it, blog about it and tweet about it! Let the world know so we can raise more awareness and eventually raise more money for charity!

We are super excited about this project and hope you are too! We are looking forward to sharing all the information we have from our artists and hope you will be saving your money to help support charity and raise even more money than was raised in 2010!

On a final note, we have already assigned all the helmets for this project and don't have any more to give out. However, if this goes well, we would love to do it again in the future!

PS. A huge thanks goes out to Mary Franklin of Lucasfilm, Chris Romines of the 501st, Bryan Ono of eFX and Chris Jones. Without these individuals we would have never gotten this project off the ground. Also a big thank you to our artists who you will be meeting very soon!

as-you-wish-logo.png

clone-trooper-and-boba-fett-helmet.jpg

Art Chris great work on putting all this together. It explains why Chris has been so busy and with good reason and good cause. I for one cannot wait to see the productions that come out of this and all the money that will be raised for Make a Wish. My hats off to all(y)(y)(y)

Congratulation for this great opportunity for TDH and its talented artists! This achievement symbolizes that 'elite costuming' that was the forum's slogan and was always controversial for others. Can't wait to see all the amazing helmets!

Very excited to see this announced ! Rob, you are correct in that this is ONE of a few things that has taken me away from the mainstream in recent months and created delays for folks. Hopefully our family here will find some understanding with menow knowing my involvement and taking comfort in that it was all for the greater good. Especially with the new Seller Rating System in place (hint, hint ) :lol:

Art, as always, it's a very selfless thing you are doing here. I wish that I could speak ofwhat you've sacrificed to make this happen. People should know your nature. With some luck, people will get the idea just how generous you are :cheers

Chris

Goods on you Art and Chris specially for donating!(those helnets dont make them selfs and to do this is pure selflessness from the men) all those helmets:eek: and your time , to make this happen,,look forward to the out come

Though you must have forgotten to add me to the list

Last edited by a moderator:
Boba Fett is such an iconic figure, he well and truly captured our attention even though his time on screen was so brief. If you think about it, we were his first bounty. There was no escape. I look forward to seeing the artists interpretations.

Awesome to finally see this announced!! Pretty funny, I just noticed that the views of this was 1138!!! :lol:

Thanks, everyone. We are incredibly happy to be sponsoring the Boba Fett side of this project. This project has been in the works for almost a year now and it is absolutely astounding how many people end up being involved in making what seems like a simple idea come to life. We have had some incredible support, both here at the site and outside of it. I really want to thank Mary Franklin again, because without Lucasfilm this would have never happened and Mary really came to bat for us and pushed to get this through.Best of all, I have already seen some of the concept art that the artists have come up with and their ideas are going to blow you away. I am so excited to start sharing some of this with you!

I like that they used Seeker's Tuskegee airmen TK helmet for the before and after shot on the CVI page.

I want a helmet!!! This is awesome, I commend TDH for getting involved with Make A Wish....again, just shows the caliber of people on this site.

Is there any way to still get in on the project? I am a Lucasfilm-approved artist, but this is the first I've heard this was going down. I did something similar for the Philadelphia Phillies last year where I painted a custom 6-ft tall Phanatic statue that was displayed in the city and at the ballpark then auctioned off for charity.

Thanks!

Unfortunately all the slots have already been filled. However, if this project is a success, we would certainly be interested in doing it again!

I am one of the Artists picked to do a Clone helmet for this project. It is coming along great! I cant wait to show it off.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back