HIC builder from Germany

Looking good!!! I think you'll really like it once you add the primer and paint. The primer will help you get a better idea of what the finished product will look like, and give you a chance to add more glue in spots you think need it.

So i just sprayed the Primer today. Bevor i got started, i cleaned him with Nitro Thinner...then i started sprayin...i am Not so happy with the result, but hey, in the end it is only Primer and there are still comming more layers of Colour

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410870549.534353.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410870566.483241.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410870581.349864.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410870596.083293.jpg

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Few things. First you need more glue. O relay the hic edge. Hide the seam.

Second you need to do the hic black before you do it silver. Needs to be jet black. That's what gives the silver depth.

Best black and silver paint is testers pactra. Indy silver and black.

I would use lacquer based paint. It sticks best.

Lastly for everyone. Clean it with alcohol very good. Will prevent the bubbling.

- - - Updated - - -

And with lacquer you shouldn't need primers. I think though that auto stores sell black primer.

Really important don't mix lawyer acrylics and enamels. Will make for sticky good.

Few things. First you need more glue. O relay the hic edge. Hide the seam.

Second you need to do the hic black before you do it silver. Needs to be jet black. That's what gives the silver depth.

Best black and silver paint is testers pactra. Indy silver and black.

I would use lacquer based paint. It sticks best.

Lastly for everyone. Clean it with alcohol very good. Will prevent the bubbling.

- - - Updated - - -

And with lacquer you shouldn't need primers. I think though that auto stores sell black primer.

Really important don't mix lawyer acrylics and enamels. Will make for sticky good.

Thanx Stormrider, read your Post a bit too Late, cause i just sprayed the Silver Colour...for me it is looking OK for the First try...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410940670.252387.jpg

As Stormrider Said, tomorrow i will add more Glue around some of the Edges and fix some Little Holes with Plastic Putty

As i Said, i added another Layer of Glue and fix little Spots with Plastic Putty. Waited for about 30 min and used again the Putty Knife to get the Carbonite Look...will let it dry a wile and do this step with the Putty Knife againImageUploadedByTapatalk1411039504.667849.jpg

Looking even better. I wouldn't be afraid to do a big pool of glue and not worry about the texture. The original has a lot of big pools. I can send a pic oif you want.

Looking even better. I wouldn't be afraid to do a big pool of glue and not worry about the texture. The original has a lot of big pools. I can send a pic oif you want.

Thanx! Sure, a Pic would be Great.
Guess it will be good by now, let it dry One More Day and then spray it again

Just added the New Layer Silver, guess it is Good now, After the washing it will be looking better [emoji18]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411203718.934530.jpg

So i did the washing today, used ordinary Watercolour-really thin. Was my First Time but i think it is looking Good so farImageUploadedByTapatalk1411307183.266200.jpg

Finished my HIC with the 2nd Layer Glossy Clear...Not as Perfect as other HIC's shown here in the Forum, but i like it. Took some pictures inside and outside...Looks different everytime :)

Outside:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411397360.054170.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411397416.652668.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411397475.652406.jpg

Inside:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411397517.570643.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411397533.602885.jpg

Thank you Stormrider and bojaGun :)
Today i god my Wood back from a friend, he cutted it, so i can use it like a Frame an put the HIC in, will put it together now and add another Layer of the Wood Colour ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411640390.424650.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back