Anyone build a non-damaged Boba ?

Sturmgewehr

New Hunter
Say like between ESB and ROTJ when his outfit and gear changed - possible that he refinished his armor? I mean, he was constantly his weapons, wouldn't it have been prudent to replace or repair the armor?

I have an extra set of undamaged chest plates that I've been trying to figure out how to mix into my 1313 gear. Trying to figure if I should givem a PrePro paint job, or go yellow with them like under the chipped paint layers.

I have an extra set of undamaged chest plates that I've been trying to figure out how to mix into my 1313 gear. Trying to figure if I should givem a PrePro paint job, or go yellow with them like under the chipped paint layers.

The yellow used on the armor (Zinc Chromate) is AirCraft primer used in the military...Im sure they meant it to be the primer layer...not really Yellow armor at one point...all our AC are that color inside where they dont paint them grey

I agree with what F4R said about the colour, planes and the chest plates! the only thing I can associate the chromate with is Holiday Special.

The yellow used on the armor (Zinc Chromate) is AirCraft primer used in the military...Im sure they meant it to be the primer layer...not really Yellow armor at one point...all our AC are that color inside where they dont paint them grey
That's pretty sweet. Never knew about the AF using yellow as a primer.

size0.jpg

It is also so close as makes no difference to the Floquil "UP Armor Yellow" that was used for the "deepest" layer on the shoulders and knees. So since I'm using stainless steel for my custom Mando (but Protector-inspired), I used zinc chromate aviation primer for the base coat on the yellow pieces (doing my green pieces inspired more by Boba's helmet, with gray metal primer under the green).

Here's UP Armor Yellow next to Zinc Chromate:

DSC00040.jpg

And here's what my shoulders looked like primed with it:

DSC00067.jpg

...And the same shoulder painted up the rest of the way and weathered:

DSC02849.jpg

DSC02850.jpg

As for an undamaged set of Boba armor, the earliest image we have of him in full armor from anything resembling a canon source (following the Clone Wars) is two depictions of the same thing -- the holo of him and Sintas and baby Ailyn when he was in his late teens and trying to live a normal life on Concord Dawn as a Journeyman Protector:

(from Outbid But Never Outgunned)
BobaAndFamily.jpg

(from Blood Ties: Boba Fett is Dead)
Fett_happy_family.png

Already has the crater in the helmet (headcanon notion: he was given it from one of the 209 Protectors that died during the Clone Wars -- from a head shot that broke his neck), already a bit scuffed.

--Jonah

You used REAL Zinc Chromate? Its SUPER bad for you hope you used the proper protection when spraying it...its MSDS (material safety data sheet) says all kinds of stuff.

Oh it's not that bad....they only phased it out in production cause it can cause liver, kidney, or a few other internal types of cancer....
honestly shouldn't hurt ya in a very limited amount, but the chromium in it is extremely bad if you have continueed exposure.

Oh it's not that bad....they only phased it out in production cause it can cause liver, kidney, or a few other internal types of cancer....
honestly shouldn't hurt ya in a very limited amount, but the chromium in it is extremely bad if you have continueed exposure.

Honestly we still use it...they also use it for loctite on certain things.

It's good stuff, for sure. Most production facilities have phased it out due to environmental reasons and dealing with the EPA and other agencies.

*chuckle* Oh, I made sure I was well protected, and used it outside on a nice day (no better ventilation) with a large painting dropcloth and took everything in to my local hazmat disposal place to get rid of. Still have the spray can, though, for future use. I still can't help but grin at the very dated label graphics on the can.

--Jonah

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back