looking to buy

chunticakes

New Hunter
im looking to buy a nice, wearable boba fett helmet. I want it to be almost movie quality, doesn't necessarily have to 501 specs. where can I get one? is anyone here selling one? my budget is around $300 depending on the quality of helmet.

Check the cargo hold. Movie quality helmets with accurate paint jobs don't come cheap. There will probably be a good wait if you start off with a kit and either paint it yourself or have someone paint it for you.

search function will also be a good feature to use in the future.

I've searched and a lot of people either sell complete costumes or part outs here. no one really sells the helmet. I'm a pretty busy guy and am not really a good craftsman so yeah for me purchasing one is easier.

I saw this guy on ebay who dos helmets and is asking $300 to produce one.

LINK REMOVED

does this look legit?

Last edited by a moderator:
At a distance, it would look just fine. For a fan but not a discerning collector, it would be fine. However, the glass looks really thick around the visor, and it looks like there's some warping of the mandibles.
The fact that he's not actually selling the pictured helmet, but is advertising a paint job that is 'similar' kind of gets my antennae up.

My advice: stay a while, and do some research on the helmets getting paint in the helmet threads. Find out who makes them, and find out who paints them for customers. Send PM's to them, and see what they charge. Figure out what you are willing to pay, and talk to the painters and makers. They might make you a deal if it's too rich for you.

Yeah, I wouldn't buy that helmet for multiple reasons. If you have patience you can get yourself a much better bucket with accurate paint job especially if you raise your budget by $100-200.

Simple answer don't jump on anything if you don't know what it is. Also you aren't allowed to post ebay links that aren't your own.

im looking to buy a nice, wearable boba fett helmet. I want it to be almost movie quality, doesn't necessarily have to 501 specs. where can I get one? is anyone here selling one? my budget is around $300 depending on the quality of helmet.

I have a helmet I'm selling. I've had it since 96' and I never really wore it. Just kind of displayed it for all these years. Shoot me N email if you're still looking for one and I can send pics. I'll definitely sell within your budget. :)

im going to mold my helmet soon. Maby if it turns out nice i can sell you a cast really cheap. keep an eye on my thread and se how it turns out..

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back