New Likes and User Tagging Systems

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
1) Likes System - Pretty simple and straightforward. At the bottom left of each post is a LIKE button. Click it to like. Click it again to unlike.

2) User Tagging System - You can now tag other members in your posts simply by placing the @ symbol in front of their name. Why is this important? Because they get an alert that they were tagged and can go and see what you had to say and respond. Tagging also creates a link to that user's profile page so you can also use it to refer one member to another without them having to go search through the member list!

This is a small but great little tool for increasing communication here on the site and we hope you will use it!

PS - Sadly, this isn't quite as advanced as Facebook's tagging and won't auto-suggest names for you just yet, but it is our understanding that this is in the works!

I`m not very familiar with Facebook and things like that but is there any other benefit of this "Like System" except from the line "XXX liked this post" under the corresponding post?
Might be there is a section in your personal profile area where you can see all the posts you`ve liked?

Sounds good to me, user tagging will help reduce big unnecessary post quotes just to let someone know you have responded. Can I test it ? Art Andrews or should there be a gap @ Art Andrews will it still work if there is a . after the name Art Andrews. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back