Syper's Sabine Wren W.I.P Heavy pics

great work! awesome dads!
just wondering.....what material are you coating your foam with? I've been using this stuff from Smooth-On for a couple of years ( i think it's 65 D if i'm not mistaken), but for me it always cracks on the surface of the foam. what are u using, plasti-dip?
keep up the great work!
-Ghost

great work! awesome dads!
just wondering.....what material are you coating your foam with? I've been using this stuff from Smooth-On for a couple of years ( i think it's 65 D if i'm not mistaken), but for me it always cracks on the surface of the foam. what are u using, plasti-dip?
keep up the great work!
-Ghost

Ghost, im using a 50/50 wash of Elmer’s glue and water. you are going to want around 30 coats of it. It dyes fast so you can get many coats on each day. Hope this helps

- - - Updated - - -

Sabine Gauntlets? Found this image on FB
10222014 024.jpeg

Looking forward to seeing how this develops, I'm getting hassled to make a sabine costume for my 5 year old (I mistakenly got her into rebels when it aired in the UK).

I was feeling the same way as I was making an Ezra costume for my son. Part of me wanted to do it all myself so it was "perfect". But my kids had so much fun helping me and it was great to actually get them involved - sanding, painting, using the dremel, etc. They'll remember that much more than they would if I was just in the garage all the time and presented them a final costume. Now they really feel proud of what they helped build!

Everything looks great Brother, just keep doing what your doing! With my Sabine build I catch myself wanting to be super accurate and I have to stop myself. Both of our kids are just nine and they are going to be happy and their not going to understand or care about fine details. I'm obsessive compulsive and this build could take me years if I let it but by then we are both going to have bigger teen girl issue :( Have fun and she will always have this memory of her Dad being super cool making a costume for her.

I just cut out my EVA foam, going to shape it today. I am concerned that the helmet i'm using may be too large.
I'll post more pics soon.

I was feeling the same way as I was making an Ezra costume for my son. Part of me wanted to do it all myself so it was "perfect". But my kids had so much fun helping me and it was great to actually get them involved - sanding, painting, using the dremel, etc. They'll remember that much more than they would if I was just in the garage all the time and presented them a final costume. Now they really feel proud of what they helped build!

Just yesterday my son Luke:) who is seven years old, picked up a pair of tin snips I had on the work bench, grabbed a thin sheet of perforated aluminum worth around $50 bucks and started cutting it to pieces. I had my eye on him making sure he was not going to hurt himself but I was happy to see he knew what these strange looking scissors were for and what to cut whit them. I love having my three kids in the garage when I'm building ****, hopefully they pickup some new skills and I get free labor out of it.

Visiting your thread today because I wanted to see the build again. You guys have to see the finished build. My wife and I saw Syper's Sabine in person at Celebration! Totally amazing work!

Who makes a good Sabine helmet? Or do you have to modify an existing mold of a helmet? My wife wants to start this costume and I just need to know where to look! :)

What is the current turnaround time? I was originally gonna wait for Cruz to make his but I know he's busy so I was starting to look into theirs.
According to their 4th of July Sale, they were asking people to order before Aug 1st. to get it on time for DragonCon. I believe it's 1month. they're on Facebook and answer questions quickly. Plus I believe they're having a different sale right now. I'm on my 3rd month waiting on my wife's Bo helmet from Cruz, however I hear it's worth the wait.

Sent from my SM-G900T

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back