Connecting hoses to suit? (ROTJ)

Hey guys, I need some tips on the hoses for the jedi suit.. I temporally tapped them together and shoved them up the sleeve. I've tried a key ring and it didn't work well for me. My hoses are too long, but I don't wanna trim them down till I know what will work properly.

2ezhilc.jpg

Here is another method: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/hooking-up-hose-arm-28553/

The keyring should work for you - you just need one large enough. JimmyC's link is also a great example. You could do a combination of the two - create the hole in the sleeve, thread the hoses through and then fix that to the keyring/carabiner combo. If you didn't want to create the hole in your suit, shortening up the hoses should help.

Don't forget, the hoses go way up the sleeve!

You can cut a small hole in one of the hoses and have a large safety pin hold it into place. Worked well for a single hose and never had an issue on any troops. Just make sure you have the length right (so they aren't bulging out away from your shoulder/arm) and you can extend and lift your arm comfortably to prevent any damage over time to your suit. (Worst case scenario you can repair any damage since its hidden under the sleeve). It's kind of a quick, flexible, and cheap method and could get you out a bind, but it might get some better ideas flowing.

You can slowly trim down the hoses to the right size this way also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive got a key ring sewn up under my double sleeve, with a D-ring/ snap link on the end of my hose. It looks like you might want to shorten your hoses a little, they seem to be tugging on your sleeve too much. I was surprised to find I only needed a hose about 12 inches long. You dont need too much extra slack in the line, between a straight and bent arm pose or general movement.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back