General The Workshop's ESB FP4 Armor Paint Up

Re: 501st Shoulder Bells: "Must attach securely to shoulders of the vest."

How do you plan on attaching to your vest/flight suit for all your armor pieces? I would like to attach my armor plates permanently, but I guess magnets or velcro would suffice for 501 approval? I'm not sure what would work best.

Last edited by a moderator:
You glue magnets on the inside of your vest. This way is more forgiving and quicker than putting permanent holes in your vest or sewing on some velcro since you can just pop off the magnets and re-glue them to the appropriate spot. It's just preference really and magnets, velcro, or whatever method you come up with that will securely keep your armor in place on the vest will work for 501st approval. Just make sure the magnets you use are strong enough. I use Neodymium Magnets 1/2 x 1/8 inch Discs. Each of those magnets have a pull force of 6.1 pounds which is plenty for holding your armor to the vest. It has its pros and cons like any other attachment method. I would look at other methods also to find which you'd prefer.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back