3D printed ROTJ EE3 Build

Hi thanks for the comments,
I base coat grey the another base coat of silver then a final base coat of gunmetal grey, then washed with black, then misted with smoke, then I use oranges reds and smoke for the rust then smear silver paint in certain areas to show a metal effect then mist with smoke again which is a sticky paint so stipple after to get the pitted effect the smear with your finger silver again then scotchbright it all,

I finally got my vintage webley revolver 6 grips so applied and weathered,
IMG_2411.jpg IMG_2420.jpgIMG_2412.jpg remember to use translucent orange its sticky and shows the metal underneath

Hi Ralfskunk I'm using a UP2 printer its defo cost effective if you get a good deal on your ABS you can pick up 3 reels of 1kg ABS for around $100 on ebay the process takes about 2 reels, the only thing is its time consuming i think it took around 2 days non stop printing.

- - - Updated - - -

quick update on the stock I've layered it to look like a wood piece that has been painted several times I have also used glue for texture, now it just needs masking and dusting with black and rusty browns,
IMG_2428.jpgIMG_2431.jpgIMG_2429.jpg

Well quick update all the pieces I was doing are finished and dull coated,
IMG_2471.jpgIMG_2474.jpgIMG_2477.jpgIMG_2478.jpg

Now I am trying to make the bracket that holds the stock to the butt in aluminum as the 3d printed one doesn't feel strong and could be a week point,
however I am at the point now where i feel like trowing it all in a fire and doing the cremation scene from ROTJ!!!!!!!!!!:facepalm

I am using 4 programs just to convert my CAD image to a Gcode, if anyone knows any better methods of converting a sketch up file to geode on a MAC I would be extremely grateful
Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 8.57.08 PM.png

So still waiting on a couple of things before I start machining some aluminum,got the inner barrel done and have now finished printing the main barrel which took 10hrs to print!!!!!
Just needs smoothing and painting:)

IMG_2490.JPGIMG_2503.JPG

Quick update gonna be on hold finishing this project as work commitments are drowning me so will crack on with it as soon as i can, if anyone wants to buy one of these kits let me know, cheers!

Hi!
I study architecture here in Chile and they have a laser printer at my university, I don't know if it works like that tho.
which files are you sending to the printer?
would you be willing to share your files?
thanx!

Quick update gonna be on hold finishing this project as work commitments are drowning me so will crack on with it as soon as i can, if anyone wants to buy one of these kits let me know, cheers!

Blaster looks awesome any chance on snagging some of the files?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back