BobaMaker ESB helmet size?

FettFan

New Hunter
Hi everyone,
I am a new member here and happy to have found this site. I came across BobaMaker while doing some research online and was blown away by the quality of his work. I was just wondering if anyone owns any of his work, especially the ESB helmet. I was mostly wondering about the size of the helmet because I have a decent sized head myself. I am probably posting this in the wrong section, and for that I do apologize. (If someone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate that. Don't want to annoy any of you! lol) Thanks in advance for any help you guys and gals send my way.

I have one and it is on the small to be honest. My nose presses on the visor. Daz makes his Armour to fit himself. Still recommended however!

I guess I have a bit more research to do then. I have not come across FettPride's work yet, but I will make it a point to look him up. Thanks for the replies everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a ton bcurtis.

No problem, man! Welcome and good luck. There's a TON of information here and this community is THE most helpful of any I've ever been a part of.

If ESB is what you seek..Fettpride is hands down the best. The FPH2 helmet is stellar and your not gonna get anything better! His armor is also excellent btw.

I am literally surprised at how fast you guys replied to my post! Well, maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but still! :) Ok, so I did some looking around on the interwebs and found a FettPride cold cast aluminum helmet, which is obviously not painted, lol. How do you guys feel about those kits? Mind you, my painting skills are on par with a 1st graders. I know we aren't allowed to post links of an item unless we are selling them ourselves (right?). So, if I could link one you guys in a private message, would that be cool?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Darth Voorhees, I just "liked" your Facebook page and I am really impressed with your work! If I do (which I probably will) purchase the FP helmet kit, I would love for you to finish it for me, depending on your time of course.

Yup, the FPH2 is the finest lid available. Accuracy and quality are off the charts. If you're in a hurry the FP premium by animefan IS a really nice bucket, just depends on your wait time needs.
but Daz is a great guy and makes some great props. I'm sure his helmet is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a V3 bobamaker helmet, painted by DAZ himself. Its an SE, so practically identical to ESB. I too was concerned with the size, but I was thinking it was too big. Now that I've put padding in it, its a perfect fit. He has a long wait time, but you will not be disappointed with the quality of his work.

Here's a thread I made awhile back concerning the size of the helmet. It has a picture of the helmet.
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/helmets-small-heads-48035/?highlight=small+head

Just to explain a bit since you are new to the forums. Fettpride had made many helmets. Some of the older helmet molds that he produced have been sold to other makers who continue to produce them at a high quality level. Some of his work is also recast on ebay by some guys who make low quality casts. If you are looking for the quality guys then you look for Animefan and Asok. Asok has the FP budget kit which is a larger helmet. She also produces the FP GMH which is a mid size helmet very comparable to the Bobamaker helmet.

I own a FP Budget, and a GMH made by Asok. I also have a Bobamaker ROTJ helmet. The BM is very similar in size to the GMH and the Budget is slightly bigger. If you have a larger noggin I might recommend the FP Budget from Asok. If sheer screen accuracy is what you are after I might suggest you contact Fettpride directly to get his current FP2 helmet. I do not have a cast from Animefan but I have heard stellar reviews from his production. Animefan makes the Fettpride Premium helmet and the Fettpride Jango.

hope that helps in your quest and welcome to the forums.

The Asok/animefan helmets are fettpride molds that he sold. They are nice helmets for a good price and the turn around for those is pretty quick. The fph2 helmet is the best available for an ESB fett, but Chris is backed up and he has a wait time.

Thank you so much for the valuable info. All of you have been nothing but helpful and I really appreciate the time you all took to reply to my noobish questions. Thanks for making me feel welcome here!

- - - Updated - - -

Will the earlier versions of fettpride still suffice? or is this new version the holy grail of buckets? :) thanks for the reply Jc!

The earlier versions are still very nice. Only true anal retentive screen accurate Star Wars nerds can tell the differences or even ID the helmets.

And this site if full of several of us (anal retentive screen accurate Star Wars nerds) but that doesn't mean that there is only one helmet. Most all of those listed can make a beautiful helmet.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back