WIP: bcurtis's ESB Fett build (Lord help me) Pic Heavy!

bcurtis

Active Hunter
With my FettPride order shipping soon, I figured I should start my own build thread for my ESB Fett. It should go without saying that I would NEVER have been able to do this without the amazing folks on TDH. Thank you all so much for your advice, assistance, inspiration, and most of all, your perseverance. My love and knowledge for this mysterious character has grown tenfold since discovering this place. I am not someone who is skilled when it comes to prop and costume building. I am a lowly science teacher. However, I have learned a great deal since I've been here and have even ventured out and tried some weathering, painting, and building of my own. Now I'm not saying that I'm ready to paint my bucket and armor myself. I will be leaving that to the brilliant painters on these boards, as well as the equally brilliant hard and soft part vendors here. I am hoping to have an ESB Fett to be proud of when I am finished.

Here's what I have:

Helmet (FPH2): FettPride
Armor: FettPride
Gauntlets: FettPride
Jetpack: FettPride
Flightsuit: Arkady
Pouches: Arkady
Vest: Batninja (Clothears on order 7/16)
Neckseal: St. Nasty
Boots: ManOfWar
Cape: custom made
Gloves: Major
Ammo belt: 99Cent Taco
Girth belt: Woodman
EE-3 blaster: Bronze HandSchaub (purchased from Chris at FettPride)
EE-3 parts and greeblies: (mixture of Stormrider and Sidewinder)
EE-3 sling: 99Cent Taco
EE-3 scope: Vintage Milbro 4x20
EE-3 Sound/Lights: Plecter Labs Blaster Core v4.0
Sidearm: dansam (upgraded to foam filled resin from Stormrider 5/16)
Wookiee braids (horse hair): Woodman
Jetpack harness: Kcr7pr (completely reworked and upgraded to be more accurate)
Chest display: Fettronics
Collar/Cod studs: Machinecraft
Gauntlet rocket: Machinecraft
Gauntlet hose: tk321
Toe spikes: Machinecraft
Knee darts: Machinecraft
Jetpack beacon & light kit: Machinecraft
Real Borden connector: bojaGun
Dental files: #8, #15, #20: bojaGun
metal cast Glenross expander: Etsy seller
Helmet suspension kit: CfO
Sidearm holster: Stormrider
Shin tools: Adorama, Mojo, Online Metals
Voice Amp: Aker MR1505
Chin strap setup: ebay
Eveready Mini Light 6051 (ebay)
Jetpack Stabilizer: (Machinecraft)

Still Need:
Nothing (haha! yeah right!)

I'm sure there are other things I'm missing. If you notice any, please let me know.

Here are some photos of what I've got so far: (click for larger view)

All but the first were taken with a flash.

IMG_2062.jpgIMG_2066.jpgIMG_2069.jpgIMG_2070.jpgIMG_2071.jpgIMG_2072.jpgIMG_2073.jpg

Adding a few pictures of items not shown before:
Helmet suspension harness from CfO
IMG_2404.jpgIMG_2406.jpg

Cast dental expansion screw from a seller on Etsy
IMG_2288.jpg

The start of my shin tools
IMG_2283.jpg IMG_2337.jpg

Closer shot of the boots:
IMG_1979.jpg

Quick "spur" sound test (I posted in another thread)

Lastly, a full shot of my Hand Schaub EE-3:
IMG_1999.jpgIMG_2004.jpg

Adding a couple of photos of my chinstrap setup pulled out of a 1970's snowmobile helmet:
IMG_2463.jpgIMG_2461.jpg

Got the jet pack from Chris at FettPride!!!! Amazing!
IMG_2755.jpg

Flightsuit alterations by my tailor:
FSadjustment1.jpgFSadjustment4.jpgFSadjustment3.jpgFSadjustment2.jpg

I'll update this as more parts come in and are finished. This is a massive undertaking, lol! Thanks for checking out my build. Any comments, questions, or critiques are welcome.

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

FSadjustment1.jpg

FSadjustment2.jpg

FSadjustment3.jpg

FSadjustment4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice stuff there! Your gonna have one badd a** Fett! Hm...that cape does look nice....def nicer than mine, maybe i'll PM you...

Thanks guys! It certainly is a great feeling. Still have a long way to go, but it's really starting to look like a Fett. I've gotta get started on making a duct tape mannequin. My wife agreed to help me with that, even though she is about out of patience with this whole build. lol!

I've gotta get started on making a duct tape mannequin. My wife agreed to help me with that, even though she is about out of patience with this whole build. lol!
I pre-ripped the duct tape for my wife, ripped about a million strips.... just a tip to make things go more smoothly:)

Thanks, dude! Did you go with the wearing old clothes and duct taping over them or did you go with the wrap yourself in plastic wrap and duct tape over that? Man...that is the strangest sentence I have ever typed. Lol!

Indeed a great list and a great start to it. I look forward to seeing your progress in the coming weeks. I am sure it will not disappoint. (y) :popcorn

Thanks, dude! Did you go with the wearing old clothes and duct taping over them or did you go with the wrap yourself in plastic wrap and duct tape over that? Man...that is the strangest sentence I have ever typed. Lol!
Plastic wrap... you must wear underwear though, another friendly tip, lol

Plastic wrap... you must wear underwear though, another friendly tip, lol

Thanks, lol!

A quick, small update. I am bored and currently have nothing else I can work on with this project for now, so I decided to weather the flight suit some more. I already had put some shoe polish on it, as well as some soot, burnt wood, and ash from my fireplace. I used a workable fixative to hold it in. Today I used a little of the tire and wheel method as well as grinding it into an old oil stain and some bits of asphalt in my driveway. I then took it over to one of my gardens and gave it the treatment in the dirt and soil. After that, I brought it in the house, wet it with a spray bottle and rubbed the fabric together to really blend it. I then took an old toothbrush, a sponge, and some black and brown shoe polish and lightly added bits to it, rubbing the fabric together to blend everything. Lastly I wanted to create the wrinkled look so I sprayed it some more with water, crumpled it up from the ankles to the pouches and secured it with the ankle straps for a while. I am really pleased with the outcome. I haven't weathered the vest yet because I really have no idea what to use for it. Any tips or advice are both welcome and appreciated. I'm going to save the rest of the weathering for when my armor arrives. I'll update when I work on something else.

Here's a pic of what it looks like currently (click a couple of times for the uber-large version):

boba fs weathering.jpg

Thanks guys! My wife told me that JJ created Felicity and that this is how she KNOWS that Ep VII is going to be spectacular. Lol!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back