WIP: bcurtis's ESB Fett build (Lord help me) Pic Heavy!

dat cape tho...... :)

i see you tilted that inside left boot spike upward. good eye brother, i just did the same to mine when i got them last week! stoked on your build BC.

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I enlisted the help of my wife last night and created a duct tape mannequin for my Fett project. It came out alright...I guess. The crotch area is a couple of inches lower than it should be and it made the flight suit difficult to put on. I can fix it later with a pair of scissors. I haven't stuffed the arms yet because I'm waiting until I get some poseable hands so I can figure out the blaster position. The rest of the mannequin is decent at best. It will display my costume just fine when I'm not wearing it, so I can't say that it was a bust.

I added a couple of photos of it with most of my parts. I quickly cut a piece of pvc and stuck in in for the neck/head area, but I cut it too long so the height is about an inch or so off. Ignore the awful Hasbro helmet. It's just a place holder until I get my FPH2. I'm ordering a styrofoam head for it and I will need to build a base and stand to support it. I have to admit, it is cool to see everything together on the mannequin. I realize now that I am definitely going to have to take the flight suit to a tailor. It is just way too baggy. I have a lot of fabric pulled behind in the photo. Maybe it's not too bad. I didn't stuff the legs as well as I would have liked on the mannequin so they are a bit thinner than my actual legs. Oh well. A tailor should be able to hook it up.

Btw -My wife is freaked out by it and is making me close the guestroom door so she doesn't have to see it.

IMG_2176.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome man :) We just moved and the space that we're in doesn't allow for a mannequin...unless I put him in our bedroom....which my partner would not be too keen on I think. Probably spook her out every morning :)

I would feel safer knowing Boba was watching me while I slept.

Lol! I agree! She was asking me where I plan on keeping 'it'. I really can't wait until my helmet and armor arrives. It's going to be an amazing feeling.

I am hunting for a second mannequin right now. Boba will look awesome next to my royal guard (-:

Royal guard! Woot! Have you considered going the duct tape mannequin route? It was pretty inexpensive (~$40). I was pricing mannequins and they were a bit on the expensive side, so I figured that since I was close enough to JB's dimensions I may as well just make a mannequin of my body. It didn't come out perfect, but it's nothing I can't fix in a matter of minutes.

Not much to report since I'm just waiting on my helmet and armor, but I did manage to work on my shin tools. I'm ordered some Michell cast parts from Mojo-Fett for the Anti-security blade, and I am trying to find a source for the 4th shin tool. I can't find any piping/tubing with those specific measurements. Any ideas from those who have found something suitable while we wait for the found part to be identified? Here's a couple of photos. It's my first time trying an airbrush so...

IMG_2284.jpgIMG_2285.jpg

I talked to Chris at FP recently and some of my stuff should be shipping soon. Hope to have more updates following that. Happy Thanksgiving (for those of you in the US)!

Coming along nicely bro!

i have resin jetpack tools if you want one. (it will need to be painted) Im out of the tubing for the Aluminum ones right now. They arent perfect, but they do the job. I can also throw in a chincup. Made a couple of rubber ones that are pretty cool. But i also have the resin ones. (the real cup is rubber)

100_7875_zpsb1ee7805.jpg

So Erv` over at Plecter Labs just cooked up some Blaster Core boards today so I picked one up for me EE-3. Can't wait to get that installed!

BlasterCoreV4-Front.jpg

bcurtis:
Your build is looking good. Can you tell me the dimensions of your thigh pockets? They look squarish and mine are rectangular. I made my flight suit from WOF templates in 06 and I know they should be more square.

Thanks

bcurtis:
Your build is looking good. Can you tell me the dimensions of your thigh pockets? They look squarish and mine are rectangular. I made my flight suit from WOF templates in 06 and I know they should be more square.

Thanks

Hey Perrin! Are you referring to the ones sewn into the flight suit? They are roughly 6-3/8 x 7-1/2 x . That's measuring from seam to seam. Hope that helps.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back