Two more lids needing of paint.

spacebob

Hunter
Hello there again.
I have in my hands here two more helmets needing of paint,

gmh-comp-2.jpg (Click on pics)

One the immortal gmh, and one I don't know the origin of, other than it's very nice, accurate, bigger than the gmh and a tiny bit bigger than the fph2.

I have prepped and primed both helmets and fitted the visor in the unknown lid because the mandibles were starting to move, its fine now.

gmh-comp-3.jpg

The gmh looking resplendent in its signature light grey primer and here for size comparison is the fph2.

The unknown bucket goes first and its going to be a supertrooper,
but as i can't handle it just being shiny white, its getting some Joe Johnston inspired weathering.

gmh-comp1.jpg

I cut in the damage and scratches in the chosen spots and then masked of areas trying to keep it esb "styled" as it were.
the least favorite helmet i ever had was the shiny white ep2 clone trooper, so boring.

protofett77.jpg

After a couple of coats of gloss white it also got some spray can weathering, a lot of this will actually be sanded off.

protofett883.jpg
here with the masking fluid off.
more later. :)

got some silver details on,

profett55.jpg profett345.jpg
looks ok, realized the ear detail is wrong, will fix tomorrow, maybe finish it.

what shall i paint on the gmh? :)

It is tricky indeed,
always seems like you are overdoing it but that's nothing compared to the esb helmet,
I need to find a way to blend it a bit better. I'll dirty it up a bit and then look again.

Which would be the best thread to see how to paint a pp2? Might start straight away.

Erm,
after looking at he pp2 threads again is it to late to change my mind,

Boba-Fett-Second-Proto.jpg
what the hell is going on here?

anyway that's tomorrow this is today

protofett-3675.jpg protofett3885.jpg

and i'm calling this finished for now,

protofett3882.jpg protofett3668.jpg
protofettclose3678.jpg

i might add a bit more dirt. :)

Good job on the super trooper. And good luck with the PP2! My best guess would be lots of masking layers with shading in between before the main green colour even goes down...

Thanks TF i see what you mean.
OK from here on out its PP2 all day.
Question, Is the main base colour on the back of the dome white or silver? I've seen different opinions. Looks white to me. :)

It could be the base colour is white. Then the silver is almost misted on so heavy in certain places, absent in others. Some areas are then masked before shading in grey or black begins. This would explain the mix of silver and white base colours showing through...

Sounds good to me TF thanks, I think that's how i will approach it.
Now progress, although not much.

gmh678.jpg
I forgot how long it takes to cut all the nonsense out.
I like cast in key slot circuit boards.
gmh34.jpg :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back