DVH ESB and ROTJ helmets

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
So i decided to take a couple of my MR casts and make an ESB specific and a ROTJ Specific so i can offer movie specific helmets. Im still working on the ROTJ one, but the ESB is almost done. Just need to clean up around the borden hole.
100_7495_zps191d67a5.jpg

For the ROTJ version, i need to remove the ESB damage on the mandibles and add the ROTJ physical damage. (thanks Raf for the ref photos!) I also need to drill out the borden
100_7496_zps81fe9900.jpg

here they are side by side
100_7497_zpsdde6d58c.jpg

This is something ive wanted to do for a while but didnt have the time. Now that im out of work and have the supplies left, i may as well do this now!

Ok i decided to go a bit further and cut the visor out and fix the buldge the MR had on the top part of the mandibles. Fixing this was a little bit of a pain, but i managed to get it where i wanted it
100_7524_zpsdb632363.jpg

I hot glued cut up Popsicle sticks in place of the visor to keep the shape i wanted. I also have a PVC pipe glued in to help keep the width i wanted at the bottom.

100_7523_zps1994b3c5.jpg

Im pretty happy with the overall shape of the helmet now, and i used oilclay to smooth out the visor area and gave it a nice custom stamp :)

100_7521_zps22ff17f0.jpg

100_7522_zps1f48ccfd.jpg

Next will be to do the same correction on the ROTJ, and add the ROTJ damage to it of course :) Stay tuned!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sucks your out of work dude, I will try to send you some commission work if anyone asks.

Thanks bud. Much appreciated.

I'm pretty happy with the ESB...I really think it screams ESB now.

Im im also close to being done with the ROTJ. In a few days I'll post pics of that one also.

Thanks Guys!

This is something I wanted to do for a long while, especially the ESB. I really wanted to do this to see what I personally can accomplish in trying to get 2 movie specific versions from an MR base helmet, so I went ahead and gave it a shot. I think it will turn out good enough that I would troop it proudly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lou I got the topper. My kit will fit with a little modifying of the clear piece.

Sweet! I'll shoot ya a PM with my email, and maybe you can send me a pic with what I need to do to make it fit perfect so no one has to mod anything for em. Thanks bud!

Here is another idea. I could just send you a kit. That way you can do what ever you want with it to get it to fit your topper.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back