Boba Fett costume help

Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie and looking for some help and advice.
I really want a Boba fett costume...I have a Stormtrooper armour that I have had for about 7 years, I wear him once or twice a year for charity events...but he looks lonely on display now and would love to have a great Fett costume to display and wear occasionally too.
The problem I have is that I am a complete no-hoper with any form of DIY and I know you folks are all superb at making things...I've been blown away by your photo's etc...it is incredible. But as that's not really an option for me I was wondering what completed costume options there are ? Has anyone has any knowledge of the Rubies "supreme" Boba Fett costume ? It looks ok from the limited pictures I can find, but was wondering what you thought of it as an option ?
Any help you can offer would be massively appreciated.

Paul
Newbie Fett

Sadly, the Boba Fett costume is one of the most DIY intensive costumes out there.

Most everyone on this forum will advise you against the Rubies costume. The materials used in it are cheap and the paint jobs can be horrific. There are salvageable pieces from the kit, but it really isn't a costume worth being proud of.

Fully painted helmets can range in the $400 to $600 range. Without buying a fully completed pieces from this forum, you are going to have to learn how to paint at the very least. You do not have to be an expert at painting as there are many guides to walk you through the process. As with all painting, it is just patience and planning.

There are plenty of people who make castings of the armor or sew the soft items. Just be prepared to spend at the minimum of $1,500 for a full suit if you are planning to do minimal work.

Personally, I am getting the armor pieces and helmet cast for me. I plan to sew my own jumpsuit, cape, flak vest, neck seal, and others.

Use this costume as an opportunity to get into DIY projects. These tutorials on the site will help you through every step and knowing that you made it is one of the most satisfying feelings in the world.

Hahaha....I'm getting a feeling I may have said a swear word by mentioning the Rubies Fett :)....seriously thanks for all the comments guys. I get the feeling I should either save for a full Fett or start learning DIY and be prepared for a long process and patience :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back