Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Dec 8, 2014, 5:19 PM - Re: Earliest Darth Vader concept helmet scratch build (McQuarrie) #26

hey thanks guys!

well today I made the neck part of the mask, at least the skeleton of it. tomorrow I will add a layer of putty.

2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Dec 15, 2014, 1:22 PM - Re: Earliest Darth Vader concept helmet scratch build (McQuarrie) #27

Sanded the first layer of filler on the neck part of the mask, still needs some sanding and extra filling here and there. I think I will also make the round collar/shoulder piece, that would give the model a finished look.

Dec 15, 2014, 4:29 PM - Re: Earliest Darth Vader concept helmet scratch build (McQuarrie) #28

Awesomeness!!!! great work
  5. Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Dec 17, 2014, 10:08 PM - Re: Earliest Darth Vader concept helmet scratch build (McQuarrie) #29

amazing build! I'm loving that these concept sketches are starting to surface and that people are taking an interest in them. You sir, are doing a fantastic job. I just have one question....what are you using to glue the polystyrene? I'm having trouble finding glue strong enough.
    thanks!
    -Ghost
    Dec 18, 2014, 12:10 PM - Re: Earliest Darth Vader concept helmet scratch build (McQuarrie) #30

Thanks Ghost, I'm using the normal Revell plastic glue used for model kits.
    Dec 19, 2014, 11:29 PM - Re: Earliest Darth Vader concept helmet scratch build (McQuarrie) #31

That looks great! Going to make a wonderful display piece when its all done. Or will you try to tackle a whole costume designed around it?
  8. Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Dec 21, 2014, 6:44 PM - Re: Earliest Darth Vader concept helmet scratch build (McQuarrie) #32

thanks onno for responding....is it the glue with the long needle on it? the super precise one? or the one in the tube....thanks!
    and happy holidays!
    -Ghost
  9. Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Dec 21, 2014, 7:46 PM - Re: Earliest Darth Vader concept helmet scratch build (McQuarrie) #33

thanks onno for responding....is it the glue with the long needle on it? the super precise one? or the one in the tube....thanks!
    and happy holidays!
    -Ghost
    Dec 23, 2014, 9:02 AM - Re: Earliest Darth Vader concept helmet scratch build (McQuarrie) #34

not sure yet if I make the entire costume, for now I plan to make the shoulder piece.

- - - Updated - - -

I use both Ghost, the one with the needle is good for small and detailed pieces and the one with the brush good for large surfaces.
    Feb 24, 2015, 2:22 PM - Re: Earliest Darth Vader concept helmet scratch build (McQuarrie) #35

Looking good so far! Any updates? Thanks