TF2 ROTJ Paint-up

Not much of an update but after some steel wool and masking removed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401647849.782543.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401647857.016666.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

I didn't mask all the silver damage underneath. some of the little marks as well as the internal marks of the bigger silver damage will be done at the end (topically). I just can't get the detail down that crazy accurate with my masking tools. Plus i feel that will be more accurate. Today i plan to airbrush the shading on some of the silver damage (before the green) and the darker grey / black larger areas on the dome.

Layed down the dark grey layer. Masked ears and layed down weathering on them. I'm really starting to enjoy painting an ROTJ lid.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402243382.886991.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402243390.186786.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402243397.021041.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402243403.494467.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Helmet is on hold for a week due to a commission. Ill hit it hard next week for sure. Probably the lower cheeks! Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Dave

Helmet is on hold for a week due to a commission. Ill hit it hard next week for sure. Probably the lower cheeks! Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Dave

Ah awesome...i know how that goes...im juggling a few commissions at once almost always :) Looking forward to it, so far your doin an awesome job, and man the ROTJ is difficult!

Not that I'm into bringing dead threads to life but....lol. I had a small window of time today and got the light base green down on the lower cheeks. Pics taken in a dark garage. Green is a little lighter than it appears. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407614492.161825.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1407614504.728586.jpg

Masking removed. Colors are a little dark. I plan on steel wooling them down a little to blend. Other colors going on tonight and should make it pop. Plus at the very end of this paint up all the weathering and blending should make everything come together.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407799989.860513.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1407800003.693206.jpg

Looking good Dave! Want to see the upper cheeks, always one of the color differences I like between these and ESB paint ups.

Looking good Dave! Want to see the upper cheeks, always one of the color differences I like between these and ESB paint ups.

Will do man. I always thought the upper cheeks were kinda of a blueish color. TF's advice and looking at ref pics i think I'm gonna start with Nato Black and lightly over spray with light green.

Yeah, its a nice blue green color. It stands out as one of the things I look to spot first on the rotj lid. Works really well when done right with the mandibles. I gotta get an airbrush....Christmas is coming right?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back